I wrapped my Rail 9.8 in the matte Invisiframe and the result was...

rsutton1223

Aug 25, 2020
Milton, GA
INSANE. I LOVE the new look. It came out even better than I imagined. I will be doing an entire review on Bike198.com with a video review as well but the initial thoughts are WOW. I have some experience with using the matte Xpel film that Invisiframe uses for their kits on cars...so I knew what to expect. It comes out satin and not matte so you don't loose the flake or color depth at all. I like this better than the gloss look for sure.

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
Looks stunning mate (y)

I'm in the middle of doing a viper red / black 9.8 in all gloss... quite some time involved ... I'd normally sway matte so a bit of a leftfield choice in the end but it's looking good, proper new look... it's invisible on the red and I'm stoked with the gloss over matte carbon look and contrast. Bike pops more.... Def more new look than 'invisi'.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Not a Trek, but my new Whyte is getting the Invisiframe treatment before I take delivery. Can’t wait!

Your bike looks stunning.

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
I invisiframed my PowerFly 9.7 a couple of years ago. It still looks amazing everywhere it's covered by the film. Not so much on parts not covered - like around the edges of the battery cover and the ends of the chainstays. Trek really needs to up their paint game.

Jumbleross

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Did my rail in the same project one purple faze in Matt and you’re right it was a great relief as that frame is a mixture of gloss and Matt and wasn’t sure which way to go

16B00F3E-3FED-4E06-B088-C4D26259B634.jpeg

C3C63708-9AE1-4FFF-8B01-68AAC97582B9.jpeg

Richiep

Jan 2, 2021
Tamworth
I am having my 9.8xt wrapped in invisiframe hopefully in March now as the delivery date has been put back 2 months. Also has anyone any suggestions for a neoprene wrap for the battery when it is removed to keep the grime and water out when transporting and maybe a plug for the terminal connections? PS I might consider Matt over Gloss now on mine.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I am having my 9.8xt wrapped in invisiframe hopefully in March now as the delivery date has been put back 2 months. Also has anyone any suggestions for a neoprene wrap for the battery when it is removed to keep the grime and water out when transporting and maybe a plug for the terminal connections? PS I might consider Matt over Gloss now on mine.
I just used a cheap yoga matt cut in half and wrapped around the downtube a couple of times. then fastened with two velcro straps. Does the job ?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
B9F84F71-C70A-4C31-BDD9-EFA7D0A41D12.jpeg

Wrapped my 9.8 in matt invisiframe. Definitely the way to go!

Last edited:

Richiep

Jan 2, 2021
Tamworth
Hi Sean, Thanks for the picture it looks great in Matt wrap. I notice you have a strap around the down tube and wondered if you have had the battery fall off at some point? Also which rear hugger did you fit? does the bike ride as well as expected and tick all the boxes?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
Hi Sean, Thanks for the picture it looks great in Matt wrap. I notice you have a strap around the down tube and wondered if you have had the battery fall off at some point? Also which rear hugger did you fit? does the bike ride as well as expected and tick all the boxes?

Everyone ask’s about the strap on the battery, it came with the bike, got told on delivery and had read about the battery falling out issues. Apparently this is Trek’s answer to the problem.... So I keep it on there. I fitted a front mud hugger with some modification following one of the threads on here. It seems to keep a bit off the bike but it doesn’t stop everything, I just wanted something to protect the dropper and rear bearings, I still end up caked in mud ? It’s an absolute dream! It’s my first eBike and after returning to MTBing after 3 and a bit years it has reignited my passion. It really is as good as all the reviews and you tube videos. You won’t be disappointed. ?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
Hi Sean, did you do the wrap yourself? If so how difficult was it? Also I see you have some psychedelic colors on your fork and shock - Nice touch!
Yer I did rap it myself, it wasn’t too difficult just time consuming and some bits were a little fiddly. I think it took me about 6hours in total to do the complete bike and fork kit. It’s not a quick process at all. Yep the psychedelic decals came from invisiframe as well. I thought they set it off better than the matt grey ones that come on the suspension. ?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
Thanks Sean, how far did you strip the bike down to get in all the tight places?
Just both wheels out, in the bike stand. the only other bit I had to remove was the kiox mount as the kit is for a 2020 bike that has the purion display. But the mount bolts straight back down over the film.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles