I won the race

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Following on from my other post regarding the stuck outer race in my frame, well it ain’t stuck anymore 🥳🥳 the tool I bought from www.bearingprotools.com
It worked a treat😃

Removed race and the tool, £14 well spent

image.jpg 5912E6D0-DD56-4797-869C-7CCABE4224EE.jpeg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
When you think it took less than ten minutes to remove the outer race, £14 for the tool might seem a little expensive but when you consider the hourly rate of bike shops plus you need to get your bike to the shop, wait for them to do the job and then bring it back, I think it’s been well worth it, (especially when you take into consideration the extortionate cost of petrol/diesel in this country) I know the tool might only work for the bearings that are in my bike but I know it’s there for any time I might need it in the future, all the bearings are the same size in my bike too, another plus, I’m looking forward to getting my bike back together and getting out on it, soon I hope 🤔

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I know the tool might only work for the bearings that are in my bike but I know it’s there for any time I might need it in the future,

Wise man, Sean is.
Sometimes people say things like, "Yeah, the tool is fifty bucks, but the bike store will do it for thirty."
Like you, I prefer to buy the tool now and solve the problem. Next time around, I'll have the tool and fix the problem without having to drive to the bike store, wait, and pay for their labor. Buying tools is an investment in your future.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Wise man, Sean is.
Sometimes people say things like, "Yeah, the tool is fifty bucks, but the bike store will do it for thirty."
Like you, I prefer to buy the tool now and solve the problem. Next time around, I'll have the tool and fix the problem without having to drive to the bike store, wait, and pay for their labor. Buying tools is an investment in your future.
Thanks for your kind words mate, I don’t think anyone has ever called me wise before but there is one thing I totally agree with, tools are definitely an investment, I know some people advised me to take my bike to the LBS, but for the best part of it I enjoy solving problems, well I enjoy solving problems when I have the right tools and I enjoy using the money I’ve saved to buy more stuff for my bike as well 😁

Wilbur

Dec 12, 2022
New Zealand
Nice to know it worked - I've got a set of tools from them for my Rail.
How did you size the puller? Just by measuring the stuck race and ordering the closest size? I guess it's not a terribly useful tool for you now, unless it happens again..

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Nice to know it worked - I've got a set of tools from them for my Rail.
How did you size the puller? Just by measuring the stuck race and ordering the closest size? I guess it's not a terribly useful tool for you now, unless it happens again..
It’s not measured on the bearing mate, it goes on the actual bearing number, you just give bearings tools pro the number of the bearing and they’ve done the rest of the calculations for the correct tool needed, your right about not needing it again unless it happens again but there’s always that chance it could happen again so it’s there for if or when I need it I suppose 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles