I struggle to justify the price of EMTBs when this cost less….

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
My KTM 390 Adventure cost less than my Intense Tazer MX Pro, and so what? They both cost less than our Tesla. And more than ... whatever else, irrelevant.

For those fear-mongering about motorcycles, there's someone just like you who thinks mountain biking is just as stupid. You should stay on the couch. It's safest. Maybe.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I love my Turbo Levo and big fan of e bikes, but my new Honda CRF 300 Rally costs £6,500 BRAMD NEW. When you look at the engineering and kit on the motorbike (ABS etc) , it does make e bikes look very expensive. And the motorbike will hold its price better. I admit I have insurance, tax and fuel to factor in on running costs for the motorbike..

Just had a week in the Pyrenees on the Honda which was epic. But promised my wife the motorbike will be sold after the trip. 🥲.

Can’t work out if it’s the Honda that’s amazing value for money, or the Speicialized that’s too expensive..

View attachment 119311
Ive also just got back from the Spanish Pyrenees. You’ll have more fun on the emtb 😀

IMG_1850.jpeg

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Some great posts on this thread cuz the moment you start looking for any logic when spending money your digging a very big hole…and no one has even introduced age yet 😄

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
To be fair the insurance is more expensive because you can throw a push bike over your shoulder and walk off with it a motorbike not so much ,also most push bike insurances are a new for old policy you dont get a new ZX6r if it goes missing (y)

Oh And my bike insurance works out at £11 a month on 10k replacement value .
Scottish Ebike insurance cheap as chips

20230622_213505.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles