I recommend this smart phone bike mount

mtbdreamin

Founding Member
Feb 14, 2018
Florida US
I have been on the path trying to find the ultimate smartphone mount for my 2018 Turbo Levo Carbon Comp and I am pretty sure I hit the nail on the head. I live in the US, so I am not sure if anyone outside of the states can get this mount, but if you can it is worth it. It is made by Delta Cycle Delta Cycle, and here it is on Amazon for only $18.49 USD http://a.co/fBkxFVg. You can mount it on your handle bar, but what I use is the stem mount it came with. Not many mounts will sit nicely centered on the stem, which gives a rock solid hold. This mount does not require anything to stick on your phone like Lifeproof or any special case for your phone like say Quadlock. No, this mount has kind of a design that hooks into the corners of your phone even with your existing case though I recommend not too thick of a case. There is a knob that you can twist and click lock the phone in, in fact it is spring loaded so it pulls down on your phone anyway. Even a hard crash will keep your phone locked on the bike mount. They also make three different sizes. I got the 5.5" version which works perfect for my iPhone 7 or I am sure it will work with 6 and 6s. I am including a photo of the mount on my Levo so people can get a sense of what it looks like. You can see some orange colored bumps, which are rubber and holds your phone nice and snug without worrying about scratches. If anyone has a Specialized Levo you know how nice it is to have a phone mounted in front of you managing the battery and map. Let me know what you think?

IMG_4716.jpg

mtbdreamin

Founding Member
Feb 14, 2018
Florida US
Functionally they seem to be the same. I guess the only bonus for the Delta Cycle smartphone mount is no special case is required. For example will you be using the same smartphone for 10 years? At least both mount to the stem, which I think is a much more secure design. :) Oh, and Delta Cycle mount should fit your Samsung too I guess, it is not required to be an exact fit because it has those corners to grab the phone.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I use Quad Lock for my bike, I used to use it for running and found them to be super reliable and quick to attach / detach so when I got the bike I gave these a go.

Smartphone Mounting For An Active Lifestyle™

MOB-Collect-Btns-RIDE_1710-144.jpg

They've got a couple of different options but probably the best part about it is that you can get mounts for all the other times you want it in one place, like the car or running and don't need to buy a new phone case or bugger about. I can pull the phone off the bike in less than a second so I can take a photo or for when I've locked the bike up and need to walk away.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles