I might as well sell up now!

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Just back from a week away in Kincraig next door to Aviemore in Scotland. I took the bike even though my time would be limited as its a bit selfish with only a week and my partner in toe to be out every day but it would of been mad not to.

I am now back in the shitty midlands ? with only gravel paths and a few so called wiled parks within riding distance from my house. Honestly if that last ride to Loch Einich was my last ever ride on an Emtb I would be happy.

Roll on that lottery win we are moving out there as soon as it comes in, I've never bought so many tickets since we arrived :rolleyes:.

Some pics i actually could be arsed to take instead of the boring crap near me. I envy all you guys with this on your doorstep .

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Hey, you're talking about me! :)
Yep, I'm constantly riding the trails near Kincraig, etc - and Einich is such a special place, isn't it? .
Glad you enjoyed your stay up here. ???????
Its beautiful , and virtually empty, the last 10 miles of the trail included a couple of walkers and a guy on a mtb . I passed the guy on the bike going and passed him on the way back while he was still heading up there lol.
Your lucky if you haven't worn out your bell round hear on a small ride . Its rammed everywhere :(

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Just back from a week away in Kincraig next door to Aviemore in Scotland. I took the bike even though my time would be limited as its a bit selfish with only a week and my partner in toe to be out every day but it would of been mad not to.

I am now back in the shitty midlands ? with only gravel paths and a few so called wiled parks within riding distance from my house. Honestly if that last ride to Loch Einich was my last ever ride on an Emtb I would be happy.

Roll on that lottery win we are moving out there as soon as it comes in, I've never bought so many tickets since we arrived :rolleyes:.

Some pics i actually could be arsed to take instead of the boring crap near me. I envy all you guys with this on your doorstep .

I feel your pain!

Reactions: mak

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
IMO it's a balance you have to learn to live with. There is not much well paid employment in these pretty, remote areas so unless you are very lucky you have to compromise. You need to be earning to buy the bike in the first place after all. Unless you are very frugal I doubt that earning minimum wage and supporting a family in Aviemore will get you an EMTB. Having to travel to an area also makes it more special. If you live in the Midlands the Brecon Beacons and North Wales are not that far away and although not as vast and remote can still feel so.

Al

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles