Levo Gen 2 I can't afford a new 22 Carbon Levo

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Roll up Roll up !

Can't afford one, but like the idea .. this is the thread for you ..

Don't like it, but have nothing better to do than share with everyone that you're not going to buy one .. this is the thread for you ..

Don't own a mobile phone and upset they didn't squeeze a 48" widescreen tv into the frame .. this is the thread for you ..

Have absolutely no interest in it at all .. and just want to moan about something .. like house prices, boat prices, the prices of super cars, that $4000 they want for a bamboo fishing rod. Or even something which isn't a choice, like the prices of medication you need to keep yourself alive .. this is the thread for you .. Actually, if you're in the medication bracket, don't post here, this is just for people who want to complain about not buying something they have the choice not to buy.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I’m ? not buying one. I mean, the £120k 911 c4s I’ve saved on Porsche build your own website represents way better value for money.

it’s just a shame the real world is stopping me pulling the trigger on both!

If only mooring fees on the Thames wasn’t so bloody expensive!

Martinintirol

Feb 27, 2020
Zillertal, Tirol, Austria
Roll up Roll up !

Can't afford one, but like the idea .. this is the thread for you ..

Don't like it, but have nothing better to do than share with everyone that you're not going to buy one .. this is the thread for you ..

Don't own a mobile phone and upset they didn't squeeze a 48" widescreen tv into the frame .. this is the thread for you ..

Have absolutely no interest in it at all .. and just want to moan about something .. like house prices, boat prices, the prices of super cars, that $4000 they want for a bamboo fishing rod. Or even something which isn't a choice, like the prices of medication you need to keep yourself alive .. this is the thread for you .. Actually, if you're in the medication bracket, don't post here, this is just for people who want to complain about not buying something they have the choice not to buy.
Just seen the review and the price!!!! I won't be buying one either. My 2020 alu comp doesn't appear to be compromised against the 'new features' which in essence is all it is... just my humble opinion.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Or buy something amphibious ! If you need something large enough to entertain, just buy an ex cross channel hovercraft and re-fit it ! or a rolex !

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Actual comments from my YouTube vids:

Video: Cheap Decathlon Stilus:
“So cheap looks rubbish”
“Wouldn’t trust that”
“Way overpriced crap bike”
“Geometry looks crap”
“£3000 and no mudguards crazy mate”
“25KG really heavy”

Video: I built a cheap Chinese EBike
“OMG it’s gonna snap”
“Looks fugly”
“Hope you got medical insurance”
“No thanks, made in China = garbage”
“Stop funding China”
“4000 cheap get the fuck outta here!”

I’m still waiting for the £999 U.K. made carbon 2022 geometry 100nm motor 20KG EBike with 800Wh battery 20amp charger with Fox 40 to arrive at my door so I can satisfy everyone ??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I’m still waiting for the £999 U.K. made carbon 2022 geometry 100nm motor 20KG EBike with 800Wh battery 20amp charger with Fox 40 to arrive at my door so I can satisfy everyone ??
"Too powerful that mate"
"Can I get it with a 400wh battery for £699 ?, I only ride tow paths"
"Will they be doing that in Aluminium ?"
"Wouldn't be seen dead on anything costing less than grand"
"Can you take the motor out and ride it like a normal bike ?"
"Colour looks sh1t"
"What, no dropper as standard, I can buy the same spec bike for only five times the price and it comes with a dropper, who's going to buy this junk"

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I'm mad as hell and I wont take it anymore!

How dare they put up the prices and also add uprated components to the bike at the same time. The heretics!

Guys I get what you're saying but tbh I wont be satisfied until every bike component is organic and locally sourced, hand crafted by a tradesman who has had their experience passed down from parent to child for 15 generations... and costs £599.99 with instant credit and cash back deal for half that.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The Expert a good comparison.
2021 expert £8500 (Fox 36 / DPS)
2022 expert £8750 (Fox 38 / X2 / TCU2)
So £250 extra for the new one.

not that the old one was cheap, but comparing year on year....

Thats it, im off to Berkshire Bikes to give Chris a piece of my mind for selling me a 2020 which is still going strong.

Think the 2020 was £7250 iirc

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Actual comments from my YouTube vids:

Video: Cheap Decathlon Stilus:
“So cheap looks rubbish”
“Wouldn’t trust that”
“Way overpriced crap bike”
“Geometry looks crap”
“£3000 and no mudguards crazy mate”
“25KG really heavy”

Video: I built a cheap Chinese EBike
“OMG it’s gonna snap”
“Looks fugly”
“Hope you got medical insurance”
“No thanks, made in China = garbage”
“Stop funding China”
“4000 cheap get the fuck outta here!”

That’ll be the internet then. Never more than a click away from a complete tw@t.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Expert a good comparison.
2021 expert £8500 (Fox 36 / DPS)
2022 expert £8750 (Fox 38 / X2 / TCU2)
So £250 extra for the new one.

not that the old one was cheap, but comparing year on year....
I'm not paying less than 3% more just for uprated components so I don't have the pleasure and cost of upgrading them myself ..

How the hell am I them supposed to spend the next 12 months complaining that I thought the spec of the bike I didn't buy wasn't any good.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I'm not paying less than 3% more just for uprated components so I don't have the pleasure and cost of upgrading them myself ..

How the hell am I them supposed to spend the next 12 months complaining that I thought the spec of the bike I didn't buy wasn't any good.

Frankly its outrageous that they're upgrading the components at less than 3%, the company has gone mad with power!

I just can't believe that the new Levo isn't a 220mm downhill rig that pedals as well as a fibreglass roadbike, has the nimbleness of a toddler and the stability of a cross-continental train.

The sheer fact they listened to virtually every complaint with the 2020/2021 model and addressed them is ridiculous in itself. ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The sheer fact they listened to virtually every complaint with the 2020/2021 model and addressed them is ridiculous in itself. ?
But that's not going to stop me complaining that the new one is going to have the same problems as the old ones despite changing everything, and then complaining at the same time that they've changed everything so it might not fit on my old one - why didn't they leave it all the same ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
But that's not going to stop me complaining that the new one is going to have the same problems as the old ones despite changing everything, and then complaining at the same time that they've changed everything so it might not fit on my old one - why didn't they leave it all the same ?

I personally think its only fair we complain in advance of riding the 2022 models, and then if the new model doesn't have any of the problems, we should claim it does and complain about it ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Personally, I don't like the adjustable suspension, it makes it too hard to setup the bike. Why can't they just make it right in the first place ? :unsure:

And I don't like that it looks completely different to the last one but not different enough but at the same time too different.

I don't like the new TCU either. It's erm ... Too small, but also gets in your face too much. I don't like that you can configure it how ever you like it either - why would they do that. It'll be duct tape over the screen for me, I wonder If you can put the old one on.

I don't like the colours either, even though I'm colour blind ..

I really really don't like that they've paid so much attention to waterproofing things either. All these plugs and door things, why can't it just have a couple of nice sticky out nipples on the top tube you attach jump leads too ?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Personally, I don't like the adjustable suspension, it makes it too hard to setup the bike. Why can't they just make it right in the first place ? :unsure:

Exactly, what on earth were they thinking. Making a top end bike that can be adjusted to suit riding styles and terrain. what a waste of £13k. I'd sooner buy 3 x £5k bikes that fit my three different local XC routes.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Exactly, what on earth were they thinking. Making a top end bike that can be adjusted to suit riding styles and terrain. what a waste of £13k. I'd sooner buy 3 x £5k bikes that fit my three different local XC routes.

Its horrendous that they arent selling such a top end bike for £5k, and even more so that ride control isnt dynamically adjusted for that price either ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just don't get it either .. why wouldn't you sell a top end bike for much cheaper .. like everyone else ..

For Example : "Starting at" .. only €11,000

Screenshot 2021-03-24 12.15.31.png

Or if you want to splash out a bit :

Trek Butterfly Madone – $500,000 - not even got a motor !

trek.jpg

If you're short for cash, there's the Trek Madone 7: Diamond – $75,000

trek2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles