Husqvarna Mountain cross 5

Mxguy741

Aug 8, 2021
Oregon
Just picked up a couple of these for my wife and I. We are in the US and can find hardly Info on them. Have been on two rides so far and really impressed.
Anyone else have them or have any Info for first time EMTB owners?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Just picked up a couple of these for my wife and I. We are in the US and can find hardly Info on them. Have been on two rides so far and really impressed.
Anyone else have them or have any Info for first time EMTB owners?

I put together two MC7’s and one MC5 for customers yesterday. I still think in North America these Husky ebikes are the best bang for buck on the market.

The MC7 has amazing value when you look at the build spec.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I put together two MC7’s and one MC5 for customers yesterday. I still think in North America these Husky ebikes are the best bang for buck on the market.

How's your stock on those huskies? A friend was looking at a large in either the mt cross or hard cross.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
nothing available, everything was presold before they even arrived.
Ok thanks. Ive found some good deals on bikes for him but they get snapped up so quick.
I first saw these husqvarna's from the moto shop in my hometown that put up a post on fb. Curious so i went to the husky site. Seems like theyre putting a huge push into the market. Crazy good pricing and sick bikes

Mxguy741

Aug 8, 2021
Oregon
Yeah I feel like I got pretty lucky. Went to dealer just to look at them and they had a large and small, which is what I needed. So I picked them up and haven’t loooked back

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I put together a HC9 yesterday too. That’s a hell of allot of bike for the money. They only thing I didn’t like was the stupid 11spd Di2 XT electric derailleur and shifter. That bike would have been way better to just have a new XT 12spd derailleur and shifter.

the electronic shifter doesn’t allow you to run it in a proper place on the handle bar.

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
So I have about 8 rides on the MC-5 and no major issues to report, rides great.
But the one thing that sucks is the display/integrated control bar unit, It's doesn't support BlueTooth, so you can change the profile setting with the Shimano e-Tube mobile app. You have to use Windows e-Tube app with a laptop and the Shimano SM-PCE02 PC Linkage Device with a adapter for a SD300 to SD50 connection.
WTF Shimano how much trouble or cost would it taking to add BlueTooth connectivity to the display/integrated control unit, that is just bad engineering.

Attachments

• UM-7HU0B-000-ENG.pdf
    884.1 KB · Views: 355

Mxguy741

Aug 8, 2021
Oregon
So I have about 8 rides on the MC-5 and no major issues to report, rides great.
But the one thing that sucks is the display/integrated control bar unit, It's doesn't support BlueTooth, so you can change the profile setting with the Shimano e-Tube mobile app. You have to use Windows e-Tube app with a laptop and the Shimano SM-PCE02 PC Linkage Device with a adapter for a SD300 to SD50 connection.
WTF Shimano how much trouble or cost would it taking to add BlueTooth connectivity to the display/integrated control unit, that is just bad engineering.

i know we shouldnt have to buy another display unit but do you know if that’s a option? Something that supports Bluetooth !

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
i know we shouldnt have to buy another display unit but do you know if that’s a option? Something that supports Bluetooth !
You can buy the SC-EM800 display unit and the SW-EM800L switch unit, that will cost you about $330USD.
Can't find any of the parts above in-stock right now:(

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
So I decided to buy the EW-AD305 adapter and a SD300 cable, so I could connect SCE7000 display on my Wire Peak Comp to my MC-5 EP800 motor. It worked I was able to use my phone to connect to the SCE700 and with the e-Tube app change the assist / Nm on my EP800.

Kevin77

Oct 9, 2021
Alberta
You can buy the SC-EM800 display unit and the SW-EM800L switch unit, that will cost you about $330USD.
Can't find any of the parts above in-stock right now:(
i Had to order my SC EM800 and SW-EM800 from Spain i think cost about 500 CAD with shipping....but my problem now is i need a 400mm EW sd300 cable and cant find them anywhere where shipping cost more than the cable lol.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
i Had to order my SC EM800 and SW-EM800 from Spain i think cost about 500 CAD with shipping....but my problem now is i need a 400mm EW sd300 cable and cant find them anywhere where shipping cost more than the cable lol.
You might want to try "blue sky cycling" in cali. It took a while put they got me a shimano speed sensor. They may have more esteps small parts

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
I ordered the SHIMANO EW-AD305 Conversion Adapter EW-SD50 to EW-SD300 and the SHIMANO EW-SD50 Electric Wire (350mm) on Amazon as none of my LBS had ether of these items on the shelf. There is also a shop in SD "BikeBling" that sells eMTB parts and seems to have them in stock base on what their website is showing.

Kevin77

Oct 9, 2021
Alberta
I ordered the SHIMANO EW-AD305 Conversion Adapter EW-SD50 to EW-SD300 and the SHIMANO EW-SD50 Electric Wire (350mm) on Amazon as none of my LBS had ether of these items on the shelf. There is also a shop in SD "BikeBling" that sells eMTB parts and seems to have them in stock base on what their website is showing.
Yea I ordered the adapter as well thinking I would need it but it seems like shimanos tech sheet is not a 100% accurate the ScE5000 was using a EW SD300 cable (shimanos site says its the sd50) so basically everything just plugs in. Until I received the tool for the sd50 I had no reference on to cable sizes lol pretty frustrating...but to be expected.

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
Yea I ordered the adapter as well thinking I would need it but it seems like shimanos tech sheet is not a 100% accurate the ScE5000 was using a EW SD300 cable (shimanos site says its the sd50) so basically everything just plugs in. Until I received the tool for the sd50 I had no reference on to cable sizes lol pretty frustrating...but to be expected.
I decide to go the cheap route and used the SCE7000 display on my other eMTB to change the setting on my EP8, so still using the SC-E5003 display unit. I changed my settings and leave them, I don't need to use the 2nd profile.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi

I picked up a 2021 HC7 about a month ago. As far as bang for the buck, I do not see any other brand that is even close. The Zeb and SD+ suspension are excellent, build quality is awesome. The motor is very good...not quite as good as the Bosch Gen4 if you ask me, but the EP8 is a very good motor. Over all I am very happy with my Husky.

Kevin77

Oct 9, 2021
Alberta
I picked up a 2021 HC7 about a month ago. As far as bang for the buck, I do not see any other brand that is even close. The Zeb and SD+ suspension are excellent, build quality is awesome. The motor is very good...not quite as good as the Bosch Gen4 if you ask me, but the EP8 is a very good motor. Over all I am very happy with my Husky.
I love my bike, same one only complaint is the computer is a pain in the ass to try and update firmware and play with the settings...so I swapped it! There is not alot of knowledge at shops ethier but that is to be expected since it's so new.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
This is my only real complaint as well. My display is not BT capable either. I spoke to my bike shop where I bought by Trek Rail and they have the correct Shimano display and wire harness on order for the EP8 and will be installing it for me as soon as it arrives. I want to get a new custom motor profile. IMHO level one and two on the motor are a joke, completely useless. I have to have mine wide open or on level 3 to have it really do anything worth mentioning The first 2 levels are a complete waste. They almost hold me back.

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
What I think is pretty funny with the mult-display-switch unit on the MC-5, is with a fresh charged battery it show "Range" ECO mode as 114 miles and Trial mode as 57 miles. I did change the default settings for ECO & Trail modes to ECO to L6 & Trail to L8, but the display still shows the old "Range" miles. I would think that when you change the Level settings it would recalculate the "Range" being shown on the display.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles