Hucking a mtb

wagonrd

Dec 22, 2020
Roseville, CA
I've watched several videos of guys whizzing down trails, missing trees by millimeters, jumping ramps, etc; truly supermen! So, I ventured out into some fast singletrack with my Trek Remedy 8, and immediately discovered that I lacked the talent to miss trees by millimeters, to bunnyhop, to jump. I'm working on those skills, but will never gain the admiration of anyone watching my performance. And, I should not even be on such fast trails, for I could get run down from behind by a group of supermen bikers. There are also several mtb trails that I must never venture onto, notably.....The Flume Trail at Lake Tahoe, for that trail is built on a steep mountain, having a narrow track and monster drop offs into an abyss. But then, I'm delighted that I can even pedal a bike anywhere; you will understand this comment when you too reach age 88.

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
I've watched several videos of guys whizzing down trails, missing trees by millimeters, jumping ramps, etc; truly supermen! So, I ventured out into some fast singletrack with my Trek Remedy 8, and immediately discovered that I lacked the talent to miss trees by millimeters, to bunnyhop, to jump. I'm working on those skills, but will never gain the admiration of anyone watching my performance. And, I should not even be on such fast trails, for I could get run down from behind by a group of supermen bikers. There are also several mtb trails that I must never venture onto, notably.....The Flume Trail at Lake Tahoe, for that trail is built on a steep mountain, having a narrow track and monster drop offs into an abyss. But then, I'm delighted that I can even pedal a bike anywhere; you will understand this comment when you too reach age 88.
88 and still biking! I hope I am still alive at 88. Good on you.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
bloody hell, you've aged 3 years since your last thread !

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
but will never gain the admiration of anyone watching my performance.

I've found that when I ride to impress others, whether it's the gaggle of full-face helmeted twenty-somethings huddled up at the bottom of a rock garden, or the yoga-pants hotties out for a hike, my chances of a spectacular crash are increased exponentially. Now I just try to ride for me, and I don't care what others think.

By the way, I'll bet everyone is impressed by the old man who can manage to get out of bed in the morning AND get on the trail. That's an amazing feat in itself.

wagonrd

Dec 22, 2020
Roseville, CA
bloody hell, you've aged 3 years since your last thread !

One of the problems of aging is confusion on time. For example: I had a dream recently where a gorgeous young female was cuddling up to me... hey man! That was 60 years ago!!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
One of the problems of aging is confusion on time. For example: I had a dream recently where a gorgeous young female was cuddling up to me... hey man! That was 60 years ago!!

seems senility may be a factor!
deffo wont help with negotiating single track !
on the positive side, every time you ride, it will be a new trail !

?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Seriously if my grandad used the phrase Hucking a mtb id have to google it and then check his shed to see if there's actually a mtb in there or he's gone do lally.
Honestly if your 85 fair play. I no longer have any grandparents and my hair/teeth and eyes are falling out at 53 so if I can be posting on some forum at that age and not dribbling into my lap happy days (y)

wagonrd

Dec 22, 2020
Roseville, CA
88 and still biking! I hope I am still alive at 88. Good on you.
Ifm when you do reach age 88, here's a hard learned lesson: " Don't overdo the "get in shape physical exercises"; to do so invariably causes muscle strain and that puts you out of commission for 3 weeks or more.

Sparky DH

May 10, 2021
NH, USA
Whoa...genetics or have you always been active all your life? Good on you, sir! That's amazing! Most people around that age can barely go about the day without falling asleep let alone walk straight. I hope I'm as healthy as you at that age!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles