How to send a private message?

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
Hello,
how can I send a private message to another user? I need to contact him as he is using a custom motor firmware and i have questions regarding it.

Thanks for any tip.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
New members need to have made 10 or more posts to send a PM. I think they introduced it to stop scammers signing up and sending fake messages to people.

You could just ask the question in the thread where you've read about it and ask them to PM you.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You need to have a minimum number of posts before you can use some features. Private Messages is one of them. I have no idea what the exact rules are, but no doubt they are listed somewhere on this Forum.
I believe it was introduced to stop people joining up, advertising a bike and then moving on.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I believe it was introduced to stop people joining up, advertising a bike and then moving on.
Its 10 posts, and it was mainly to stop scammers joining and PM'ing people offering non existent parts and bikes for sale with too good to be true deals. A few people sadly got scammed this way.

10 posts means that (whilst not ideal) we can be a bit more sure the user is legit. Not 100% foolproof, but much better than it was.

Rob

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Of course I can’t confirm this yet but the moderators may have complete cont…

IMG_7285.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
As a past software developer I might possibly have seen that before. ;)
Ah!
Is it true the then that C+ is just as good as eating an Apple or BigMac? Or will that give me the apps?

Maybe I’ll just stop drinking….
Java.

🏃 🚪

pepit

Oct 12, 2023
CH
Do I need to write useful post to get access to PM ?

As modern game grinding is necessary ?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
One more post towards my PM allowance!
I remember when I was allowed to finally send a Private Messages. It was a memorable moment, but the wait for the 10 message threshold was not in vain. During that time I learned how to count.
Oh look! You have 5 more messages to go. 😉
Congrats in advance.

JohnL

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I remember when I was allowed to finally send a Private Messages. It was a memorable moment, but the wait for the 10 message threshold was not in vain. During that time I learned how to count.
Oh look! You have 5 more messages to go. 😉
Congrats in advance.
Thank you, I look forward to joining the ranks!

Aybentoays

Feb 29, 2024
Toronto
Oh look! You have 5 more messages to go. Exploring the intricacies of a "Linear write test no display" issue has been a fascinating journey! As a writing enthusiast, delving into the challenges of troubleshooting has heightened my problem-solving skills. Every setback becomes a stepping stone toward mastery. In this context, the link https://essaypro.cоm/homework-planner serves as a valuable resource, reminding me that just as writing has its puzzles, so do technical challenges. The fusion of creativity and logic in both domains is truly enriching. Each problem, like an unwritten essay, holds the potential for a brilliant solution. Embracing these complexities fuels my passion for writing and problem-solving alike!😉
Congrats in advance.
Thank you for the nostalgic and humorous reflection on reaching the Private Messages milestone. The journey to 10 messages has its own charm, and it seems you've appreciated the process while showcasing a positive attitude. Best of luck with the remaining 5 messages! 🎉😄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles