How long is too long?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Spoke to them again today and they're going down the new motor route and its on order from Orbea. Voiced my concerns about how long that would take. Guy couldn't give me a specific time on it but reckoned it would be 3-5 working days. Asked why they couldn't just take a motor off an in stock bike to be told its something they don't do as warranty work is separate and there's no process in place for such a thing.

Last edited:

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
Wise to pay some on credit card or finance.
Ring them they will help you through it.
I had great help with a problem.
Full refund and still have item to fix or sell

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Thought I'd give an update on the situation. Called them on 3rd of May to be told a new motor was on order but they couldn't give me a date for when it would arrive which I thought was a bit weird. Guy on phone said stuff normally takes 3-5 working days to be delivered from them. So why can't you give me a date? They either have one in stock or they don't. Said they would more than likely have a date beginning of this week. Anyway phone rings this morning and it's Tredz. The guy says he's seen my email I sent to Orbea (they replied to me and CC'd Tredz in) and wanted to give me an update. Tells me they need to do a service report on the motor and then send that to Madison. Once they're happy Tredz can then order a new motor and it will "probably" be here at the end of this month. Couldn't believe what I was hearing!! Went mad and said enoughs enough I want a full refund. Been lied to now too many times. He said he would speak to the managers but didn't think I'd be eligble for one.
So what if they say I can't have a refund? Where do I go from here? I have spoken to the finance company asking them about a refund but they say I have to take it up with Tredz and there's nothing they can do

Last edited:

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Thought I'd give an update on the situation. Called them on 3rd of May to be told a new motor was on order but they couldn't give me a date for when it would arrive which I thought was a bit weird. Guy on phone said stuff normally takes 3-5 working days to be delivered from them. So why can't you give me a date? They either have one in stock or they don't. Said they would more than likely have a date beginning of this week. Anyway phone rings this morning and it's Tredz. The guy says he's seen my email I sent to Orbea (they replied to me and CC'd Tredz in) and wanted to give me an update. Tells me they need to do a service report on the motor and then send that to Madison. Once they're happy Tredz can then order a new motor and it will "probably" be here at the end of this month. Couldn't believe what I was hearing!! Went mad and said enoughs enough I want a full refund. Been lied to now too many times. He said he would speak to the managers but didn't think I'd be eligble for one.
So what if they say I can't have a refund? Where do I go from here? I have spoken to the finance company asking them about a refund but they say I have to take it up with Tredz and there's nothing they can do
I guess you can take the legal way wich depends on where you live.
You can picket in front of the store to tell people to go elsewhere
because they treat customers badly.
Here i guess in Quebec i could use the small claims court,
it is a small amount to open a case when asking for 15,000$ or less
but since they are only slow i do not think i would win a full refund.
Maybe ask them to loan you one so if they decline you show they
are not trying to be helpfull.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I guess you can take the legal way wich depends on where you live.
You can picket in front of the store to tell people to go elsewhere
because they treat customers badly.
Here i guess in Quebec i could use the small claims court,
it is a small amount to open a case when asking for 15,000$ or less
but since they are only slow i do not think i would win a full refund.
Maybe ask them to loan you one so if they decline you show they
are not trying to be helpfull.
I've contacted Citizens Advice to see if they can help with the legalities of it. I even said to them as I've been messed about that much they should just take a motor off one of their in stock bikes to get me back up and running and they can wait however many more weeks it's gonna be for a motor to arrive but that just fell on deaf ears

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
So I finally got the bike back today. New motor and chainring fitted. Only took 3 months 🙄 and got it back with a bent front axle and Mech hanger and the power button missing.

20220601_134930.jpg

20220601_134918.jpg

20220601_123502.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
So I finally got the bike back today. New motor and chainring fitted. Only took 3 months 🙄 and got it back with a bent front axle and Mech hanger and the power button missing.

Holy moly! Did the shop füç4 it up, or did they ship the bike back to Spain?
If you ever hear my using a condescending tone towards bike shops, this is why.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I sent them the pics earlier and they called me back to apologise and said new parts were getting ordered. Said they were really sorry and and as compensation for it all taking so long and me getting the bike back in that condition how did a £100 voucher sound? I'm sure you can guess my response.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles