how long are you drivetrain lasting

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I think due to shortage spares we are seeing riders sticking with drivetrins for longer than was suposed in the past .Or not!?
Pick up yesterday my bike from a regular maintenance. Shock and suspention donne . But I have to stickfor now with my 3700Km drivetrain . Only cleaning and ajdust as there are no shimano parts (expeted receinving stock for setember). But it´s running. At store they told me that they are experiencing bikes with mutch more use than mine and still working. So wondering if have we been spending more money in the past than neaded in parts ?
How many Km´s/milles do u have in yours? In what drivetrains?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
mine was knackered at 900 miles and I went through 5(ish) chains in that time.
called the bike shop and they sold me a new drivetrain and just told me to run the whole lot until it was shagged, dont bother changing chains etc etc.. so im gonna give that a go this time.

dont know where you are in the world but I couldnt find parts so I called Berkshire and they had everything, posted for next day ?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Just under 3,000 km so far. Would be disappointed if it doesn't last another 3,000. SRAM SX/GX, rotating 3 chains.

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
5.500 km sram "steel powered" SX casette still as new.. Chain was changed once. You got to love steel durability these days when casettes are not in stock

Last edited:

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
11 speed Shimano SLX
cassette lasted 2000 miles and would not accept a 3rd chain.

KMC 11 speed chains last 1000 miles before 0.75 reached.

I find the small front Bosch Gen 2 chain ring needs to be replaced with every chain so 1000 miles for that also but they are as cheap as a chain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles