Cube Hybrid Long Distance Ride

kooly

Apr 29, 2020
Australia
Hi all. I am about to embark on a three day two night 350Km trip on the Cube Hybrid. As yet i have only been doing maybe 30/40Km trips.. I will be having two sleepovers to charge the batteries ( literally hahaha) and just wanted to ask if anybody has had longer distance travels on the Cube Hybrid. What problems if any were met? what tools to take etc.. Be good to hear from anybody who can contribute to my upcoming adventure.. Cheers

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve donne 260 Km in 2 days . Two Cubes , one with 500wh bat and other with 625 Wh. We traveled with 2 chargers (one 2A and one 4A, no spare batterys). We also managed to charge both days in lunch time stops. 1st day we ended with no juice in the 500wh and 5Km remainig in the other.
Only with overnight charging is going to be chalenging but altimetry is going to have a big impact.

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
Hi all. I am about to embark on a three day two night 350Km trip on the Cube Hybrid. As yet i have only been doing maybe 30/40Km trips.. I will be having two sleepovers to charge the batteries ( literally hahaha) and just wanted to ask if anybody has had longer distance travels on the Cube Hybrid. What problems if any were met? what tools to take etc.. Be good to hear from anybody who can contribute to my upcoming adventure.. Cheers
Best of luck to you on your ride - I applaude you.....especially if you have the same standard seat that came with my 160TM......I don’t think I’d endure that for any huge length of time ?

kooly

Apr 29, 2020
Australia
I´ve donne 260 Km in 2 days . Two Cubes , one with 500wh bat and other with 625 Wh. We traveled with 2 chargers (one 2A and one 4A, no spare batterys). We also managed to charge both days in lunch time stops. 1st day we ended with no juice in the 500wh and 5Km remainig in the other.
Only with overnight charging is going to be chalenging but altimetry is going to have a big impact.
Cheers for that.. So does the 4A battery literally charge twice as quick??? im planning on two sleepovers both of which i can plug the battery in overnight to fully charge...the hardest thing is getting the distances correct so i dont run out before my destination is reached hahaha

kooly

Apr 29, 2020
Australia
Best of luck to you on your ride - I applaude you.....especially if you have the same standard seat that came with my 160TM......I don’t think I’d endure that for any huge length of time ?
Hahahaha dont worry..i changed the seat straight away after i got the bike.. more comfort for longer distances

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Cheers for that.. So does the 4A battery literally charge twice as quick??? im planning on two sleepovers both of which i can plug the battery in overnight to fully charge...the hardest thing is getting the distances correct so i dont run out before my destination is reached hahaha
It´s faster, don´t think twice . You can see charging times in the Bosch site. For overnight that´s not an issue. For in riding charging I think a faster chager (4A or plus) should be a plus, aldo they are heavier and bulkier.

kooly

Apr 29, 2020
Australia
Just filling people in with my ride..I got home yesterday..i did three days roughly 80/95km a day..I had a luggage rack on the back and my 500wh battery ran out after about 73Km on average,, i then swapped over to my spare 400wh battery.. I spent most of the days in Eco mode..and then EMTB mode for the rest.. very occasionally i had to use Turbo mode..but not much at all... I had one puncture..and had a very hard day in the mountains on Granite trails and rain... over all the bike was exceptional..the only issue i had was the chain getting stuck three times on the smaller chain ring at the front...so i needed to lock it off and it was ok after that.also needed a full hardcore clean when i got home.....i think i will save up some money and either get the quicker charger or the bigger battery...which do you guys think is more important???? cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Elecfast

Jan 30, 2023
Leeds
Just filling people in with my ride..I got home yesterday..i did three days roughly 80/95km a day..I had a luggage rack on the back and my 500wh battery ran out after about 73Km on average,, i then swapped over to my spare 400wh battery.. I spent most of the days in Eco mode..and then EMTB mode for the rest.. very occasionally i had to use Turbo mode..but not much at all... I had one puncture..and had a very hard day in the mountains on Granite trails and rain... over all the bike was exceptional..the only issue i had was the chain getting stuck three times on the smaller chain ring at the front...so i needed to lock it off and it was ok after that.also needed a full hardcore clean when i got home.....i think i will save up some money and either get the quicker charger or the bigger battery...which do you guys think is more important???? cheers

View attachment 40350

View attachment 40351

View attachment 40352
Hey trip sounded great thanks for the advice. Can I ask what route you did?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles