How is the new Rockshox 35?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
They use a common Motion Control damper so I expect they’re no better or worse than any other fork using the same damper.

I‘ve installed a set on my Jam 2, and they’re working great. Much stiffer than the Recon 32s I had on before, and just like those the 35 Golds damping and rebound is working as I’d expect.

In the other thread there are claims that there’s hardly any oil in the lower legs, but there’s only supposed to be 10ml in each anyway, which isn’t a lot.

There probably are some duff forks out there, but mine are doing what they’re supposed to do regards damping and lack of stiction, especially for the money.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
They use a common Motion Control damper so I expect they’re no better or worse than any other fork using the same damper.

I‘ve installed a set on my Jam 2, and they’re working great. Much stiffer than the Recon 32s I had on before, and just like those the 35 Golds damping and rebound is working as I’d expect.

In the other thread there are claims that there’s hardly any oil in the lower legs, but there’s only supposed to be 10ml in each anyway, which isn’t a lot.

There probably are some duff forks out there, but mine are doing what they’re supposed to do regards damping and lack of stiction, especially for the money.

The service manual shows 4 separated oil Chambers fir this fork and 2 different oil weights. It's seems so complicated that I wonder if repair shops will really do it the right way when you get them serviced. The oil bath on the damper side isn't even specs with a volume measurement. You supposed to measure 90mm from the crown to the oil level.

BTW, like your oil pan design

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles