How I got my eMTB

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Hi guys,

just found this forum.

I'm almost 50 and riding eMTB since last year.

Before, I was a mega-anti-motor-guy hating all e-bikers and called them cheaters.

Well, then my wife surprised me by buying herself an eMTB.

I shouted at her and called her several unfriendly sounding words. She lifted one finger and said: "Quiet honey or it will be quiet in bed."

I remembered some very memorable and loud nights in bed with her so I decided to go with her advice.

A few days later my best wife of all wifes asked me to check the derailleur and chain on her new eMTB.

I immediately followed her order because I had her words from a few days ago still in my head.

After checking everything I decided to have a short ride to make sure all is fine.

Shouldn't have done this...

Dang... what a great feeling.

Amazing... I had to try some things out with this motor-thing.

My phone rang and I had my beloved wife at my ear.
Her beautiful voice roared:
"What the hell, where are you? It's almost an hour ago since you left the house. The garage is wide open, the door as well and our dog is missing!"

It turned out that my little test ride was a bit longer than I thought.

It also turned out that my wife and I had a very silent night and everyone of us slept under our own blanket.

The next day my wife tried out her eMTB on a longer trip together with me. She beat the hell out of my thigh muscles and while I was completely destroyed she was thinking in full sentences about what she is going to cook for dinner and how I have to prepare it.

Long story short, I kept the eMTB for me and bought her instead the upgraded version because she wanted a smaller frame size.

So my current ride is a heavily pimped 2018 Haibike Allmtn 6.0, while my beloved wife owns the same bike in 8.0 but unpimped.

Since then I never touched my biobike again.

Hope I didn't annoy you all with this story.

Cheers, Horst
(German, no humour)
VideoCapture_20210301-211329.jpg

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
20210304_180823.jpg

Wife's 8.0
Changed the brake rotors for quieter ones, the dropperpost and got her a 745Wh battery. Mudhugger front and rear.
Magic Mary front and rear.
She is more into enjoying nature on fireroads (the side stand is her wish, not mine).

20210304_180259.jpg

My 6.0
Changes:
New and more durable headset
Fifty-Fifty bar with a bit more rise (I'm old)
Brakes are Magura's MT7 with 203 MDRP rotors front and rear.
Fox 36 Performance Elite (instead of SR Suntour Aion)
Fox DPX2 Performance (Instead of RockShox basic Debon Air)
Miranda cranks
Crupi pedals
745Wh battery
Mudhugger front and rear (I'm old)
Michelin eWild front and rear

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Nice bikes, where did you buy the batteries? The cheapest I could find was Bergsports but I settled for a 624wh. I like how you've added the logos to them.:cool: (y)

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Nice bikes, where did you buy the batteries? The cheapest I could find was Bergsports but I settled for a 624wh. I like how you've added the logos to them.:cool: (y)
Thanks mate.
I bought them on Rakuten last year.
But meanwhile there are a lot of dealers selling this battery.
Worth every penny.

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Nice story ..but the thing that made me laugh more than anything else is that at 49 you are calling yourself " old " ..believe me at that age on this forum you are barely out of your nappies ..
Nice bike youth ..?
Ok, you got me, dad ?
I used "old" as a synonym for "I don't want to look like a guy with incontinence" hence the Mudhugger ?

ThunderGorilla

Mar 4, 2021
Long Beach, CA
I'm 40 and I feel old. And fat. I'm glad I found this forum so I can feel young again! Haha!

I had never heard of Haibike until I started researching e-bikes. They are actually really great looking, robust looking bikes. I love the graphics, and the whole thing just looks beefy and like a tank that can take abuse.

I just bought my first eMTB and it's arriving Monday! Super stoked! KHS 6555+

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
I'm 40 and I feel old. And fat. I'm glad I found this forum so I can feel young again! Haha!

I had never heard of Haibike until I started researching e-bikes. They are actually really great looking, robust looking bikes. I love the graphics, and the whole thing just looks beefy and like a tank that can take abuse.

I just bought my first eMTB and it's arriving Monday! Super stoked! KHS 6555+
This forum may make you feel young again. ?. But it’ll not make you feel thin. ???. ?? Had a couple of test rides on Haibikes before I bought my Focus. They were Yamaha powered, I just found the new Bosch motor a better package. Once your hooked I’m sure you’ll be upgrading your new steer. ??

2467DA93-CCCA-44E8-A0D9-6BEABFC5CBD9.jpeg

0FB279F0-E3DC-4D22-A1AE-BEFAC320737D.jpeg

ALLMTN

Aug 21, 2020
Northern Califonia
Hi guys,

just found this forum.

I'm almost 50 and riding eMTB since last year.

Before, I was a mega-anti-motor-guy hating all e-bikers and called them cheaters.

Well, then my wife surprised me by buying herself an eMTB.

I shouted at her and called her several unfriendly sounding words. She lifted one finger and said: "Quiet honey or it will be quiet in bed."

I remembered some very memorable and loud nights in bed with her so I decided to go with her advice.

A few days later my best wife of all wifes asked me to check the derailleur and chain on her new eMTB.

I immediately followed her order because I had her words from a few days ago still in my head.

After checking everything I decided to have a short ride to make sure all is fine.

Shouldn't have done this...

Dang... what a great feeling.

Amazing... I had to try some things out with this motor-thing.

My phone rang and I had my beloved wife at my ear.
Her beautiful voice roared:
"What the hell, where are you? It's almost an hour ago since you left the house. The garage is wide open, the door as well and our dog is missing!"

It turned out that my little test ride was a bit longer than I thought.

It also turned out that my wife and I had a very silent night and everyone of us slept under our own blanket.

The next day my wife tried out her eMTB on a longer trip together with me. She beat the hell out of my thigh muscles and while I was completely destroyed she was thinking in full sentences about what she is going to cook for dinner and how I have to prepare it.

Long story short, I kept the eMTB for me and bought her instead the upgraded version because she wanted a smaller frame size.

So my current ride is a heavily pimped 2018 Haibike Allmtn 6.0, while my beloved wife owns the same bike in 8.0 but unpimped.

Since then I never touched my biobike again.

Hope I didn't annoy you all with this story.

Cheers, Horst
(German, no humour) View attachment 54769

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Not sure if this is part of the German humor or if it’s just a tasteless ad...

View attachment 55004

This will sort out your tasteless ad issue;

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles