Levo Gen 3 How do you know what year my turbo levo comp alloy is?

colby4bush

May 25, 2023
Right before I was buying my bike I asked if my bike was 2023 and his response was ya I think so lol! How do I know? Or does it matter?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I think (!) the newest alloy versions come with the larger 700wh battery, whereas the older versions come with the 500wh battery.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
First guide is original owners purchase receipt which at least tells you when it was bought/how old it is. Then of course there is year of manufacture and model year and that can vary by several months or more. Does it matter??

colby4bush

May 25, 2023
First guide is original owners purchase receipt which at least tells you when it was bought/how old it is. Then of course there is year of manufacture and model year and that can vary by several months or more. Does it matter??
I figured it out today, it’s the latest model but it’s still the gen 2 motor and tcu! Doesn’t really matter but I guess when you’re new to emtbs and thinking you’re getting the newest version you hope they are giving you what they said? You’re right though, I love this thing, I’m kinda sad I won’t get the micro adjustments but it’s ok!

maynard

Subscriber
I figured it out today, it’s the latest model but it’s still the gen 2 motor and tcu! Doesn’t really matter but I guess when you’re new to emtbs and thinking you’re getting the newest version you hope they are giving you what they said? You’re right though, I love this thing, I’m kinda sad I won’t get the micro adjustments but it’s ok!
There is no gen 3 motor for levo . Same motor for gen2 and 3 . Latest model has new frame same motor . Alu models don't come with mastermind tcu , I think

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Correct. No TCU in alloys.
I use a Garmin watch for the data, works great.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Re batteries, the 2022 (current) Turbo Levo Gen 3 Comp Alloy has a 700Wh battery, the base spec Alloy (with RS Silver TK forks) has the 500Wh one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles