How do you always have:tube, tools, and pump with your bike?

Andy Torbay

Dec 6, 2019
Devon
I always wear 'roadie-type' jerseys with 3 rear pockets. They can take pump, tube, levers, multi-tool, snacks . . . but I do have bottle on the frame.

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
I have access to drinking water out on my local trails so I never bring water. I use the Specialized KEG and keep a Tube, CO2, Tire Lever, Plug Kit, Valve Stem Remover and Tire Boots. Also have a multi-tool in the headset.

20191230_131528.jpg

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Small pump, chain link, tubless repair kit, tubless valve, chain tool all carried in Jersey pockets at the moment as preferring to ride without a pack.

RipTide

Sep 2, 2019
California
I'm using the Dakine Hot Laps Gripper to carry the spare tube, chain break, and tire levers. Fits nicely above the shock. Still have room for a bottle. I just need to find a pump to fit on the bottle cage mounts and not be in the way for pedaling. (Any ideas? I have had a LBS, try to mount the Specialized and other pumps, but none fit on the Turbo Levo with the supplied mounting hardware.)
Snip20200111_1.png

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Hot laps gripper as above. I always ride with an Evoc waist pack with first aid kit, spray plaster, Israeli compression first field dressing, phone battery, piece of card in a plastic bag and a Sharpie, emergency foil blanket. I've twice found a casualty and this is essential stuff. And a tick remover.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Hot laps gripper as above. I always ride with an Evoc waist pack with first aid kit, spray plaster, Israeli compression first field dressing, phone battery, piece of card in a plastic bag and a Sharpie, emergency foil blanket. I've twice found a casualty and this is essential stuff. And a tick remover.

Foil blanket is a great idea! I’ve waited for mountain rescue with a couple of guys over the years. As amazing as MR are they can take a very long time to rock up. Last time I was left with no jacket for over two hours. Amazing how cold you can get as the shadows lengthen in the woods and activity is reduced. Casualty was still shaking like a shitting whippet, presumably shock.

to answer the post, most of my emergency tackle is in my down tube above the battery. Great feature on the 17/18 bikes.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm using the Dakine Hot Laps Gripper to carry the spare tube, chain break, and tire levers. Fits nicely above the shock. Still have room for a bottle. I just need to find a pump to fit on the bottle cage mounts and not be in the way for pedaling. (Any ideas?
Your Hotlaps bag has 2x dedicated C02 compartments.
2x C02 carts with the valve head screwed onto on one of them fits nicely. (just don't screw the head on right up to the point it punctures/opens the cart)

Last edited:

kafkastan

Aug 11, 2019
Brighton, UK
Ace! Another total boy scout like myself! I thought I might be alone in carrying an Israeli bandage. Not yet used, but it's a very reassuring piece of kit.

Can I ask, why the card + Sharpie?

Personally, something else I'd highly recommend is one or two disposable ponchos.

D

Deleted member 4988

Wolftooth Strap secures the tube/Co2 and spare mech hanger, and a OneUp pump and toolkit with a few spares (y)

IMG_20200212_133507.jpg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Small bum bag for local rides. Pump, multitool, couple of levers, lightweight shell, phone. Don't carry a tube any more, don't recall last time I needed one. If I do I'll scrounge one or walk home. No biggie.

That's pretty much it.

Ride light.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Ace! Another total boy scout like myself! I thought I might be alone in carrying an Israeli bandage. Not yet used, but it's a very reassuring piece of kit.

Can I ask, why the card + Sharpie?

Personally, something else I'd highly recommend is one or two disposable ponchos.
Emergency services will want name, DOB of casualty, location and RV. Best to write it all down especially if you have to move to get a signal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles