Other Carrying tools and spares

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Hi, can’t get on with backpacks, or even hip packs…..so thinking of a top tube pack to carry a few tools and spares…bought a cheap top tube bag and fixed it up against my seatpost(it was a cheapie and the Velcro wasn’t that secure, especially when it got mud crusted) can anyone recommend a brand (pics would be useful) to suit the Levo…pic of interim / poor solution, probably due to it being a low end cost,attached for info. Cheers !

82769131-8169-4111-89AE-818E1F6CFD9F.jpeg

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Looks like a neat solution (if you don't slam the dropper right down in the frame).

I want something like this for bike packing. Do you find having a bag there, you catch it with your legs?

Also, what's the brand/model of bag?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi, can’t get on with backpacks, or even hip packs…..so thinking of a top tube pack to carry a few tools and spares…bought a cheap top tube bag and fixed it up against my seatpost(it was a cheapie and the Velcro wasn’t that secure, especially when it got mud crusted) can anyone recommend a brand (pics would be useful) to suit the Levo…pic of interim / poor solution, probably due to it being a low end cost,attached for info. Cheers !

View attachment 107320
My rides are divided into three different categories; 50% fun. 25% explore. 25% trail maintenance. I need different kits for each of those. I’d like to keep the centre of gravity as low as possible but sometimes that’s difficult. Top heavy or off-balance is challenging with heavy loads but that’s when the eMTB comes in handy.

I’d like to attach a bag or pouch to the frame but that seems difficult because of the water bottle and bike geometry. I have a medium size frame also. So I’m stuck carrying stuff in different packs. I never know what I might need so I only carry things that I’d probably need 🤔.

A phone with a camera is always necessary so I can hopelessly compete in “Pic of the Day”, and she can find me with gps.(That came in handy a few times). Small first aid kit and some bike tools also.
62EF6F8A-75C1-41DC-AAA4-DA28D59965EE.jpeg 805B9BD4-D565-4ED8-B0B4-CF318EB63749.jpeg E8E47844-3220-4AF2-97EF-EE0407A04CDA.jpeg BB8D940F-C87B-403F-A903-F89C4E5EDA35.jpeg
Attaching a bag to the frame seems almost impossible on this bike. A hip pack with only the necessities looks like my answer.

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Looks like a neat solution (if you don't slam the dropper right down in the frame).

I want something like this for bike packing. Do you find having a bag there, you catch it with your legs?

Also, what's the brand/model of bag?
Hi…yes it clears the dropper just fine….and my legs don’t hit it..although,.it’s a cheap,non branded one I picked up for about £4 in ALDI back last summer…I may end up goetting my needle and thread out and attaching some Velcro straps around it to support the existing poor Velcro strapping it came supplied with…in fairness, I do store a lot of heavy gear in it so probably exceeding its design intentions especially as I have it mounted upside down (2 x spare tubes, pump, multi tool, chain breaker and other odds n sods !)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles