How Accurate is the Available By Date?

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
Curious to know if they typically come on on around date listed at purchase? Do they ever pull in? I have a 29 Pro on order with Available by date as 10/07. I'm very close to cancelling and just ordering the Elite Mullet, which has a date of 11/08. The thought of 3 months VS. 2 months is that much more unbearable. Just trying to get a feel on their typical forecasting accuracy.

Last edited:

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Not at all. I had 2 different friends earlier this year order bikes that said out of stock and were multiple months out, and they both received their bikes within a week with no warning. I also know people that have had their bikes really delayed compared to what the eta was supposed to be.

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
Hilarious. I guess the decision was made for me! I will not have a chance to change my order to an Elite. I logged on to email and saw a notification for a response to this thread. But just before that, a shipping notification from YT. Clicked on the link and it shows a 32KG package enroute. I ordered my Pro29 a week ago and it showed an "available from date" of 10/07 and here it is, a week later and the bike will be here this week, most likely.

@rb. Spot on...

Reactions: rb.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles