MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A couple of weeks ago we had Yamaha's EMTB concept :

Now Honda's.

Honda aren't new to MTB. In 2006 Greg Minnaar raced the RN01

1698567692992.png

Using a thin walled cast aluminium frame (like many of their motorcycles) is has a different style to many of the mainstream bikes were used to seeing. The swingarm is also cast similarly to Yamaha's bike.

1698567841414.png

Powered by the Brose Mag S in it's concept form the bike also gets Shimano brakes, SRAM Eagle drivetrain and a Rockshox Reverb AXS post, DT Swiss XM 1700 wheels and Maxis Minon DHR II tyres and a Fox Float X - but you can see most of that from the picture ...

Cables are routed semi-traditionally :

1698568107500.png

There also seems to be a mobile charge station, or it could be a beer chiller which is powered by the bike. I'm not sure either option really makes sense. Neither does the location of the charge port.

1698568201020.png

The bike is being positively considered for production !!

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Now you're just trolling me. Next you'll be trying to persuade me a Focus Jam2 is a decent ride.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You'd think they'd have cunningly incorporated some nice tool storage in there, but there's nothing obvious. I guess the "Carry handle" in the monocoque frame is there because there's nowhere easy to grab when man handling the bike about.

The more I look at it, the bike powered beer cooler makes sense as an overly developed solution to the water bottle problem. It's obviously a chiller and pump unit and the cable is really a pipe and the bike runs an internal fluid reservoir. Having the charge port where it is makes more sense as it's actually a tube attachment and would enable easy draining - though I'm sure the R2D2 cooler unit also has a purge and clean cycle built into it.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
That is one ugly bike. Using a Brose motor is a cop out as if Honda engineers couldn't come up with their own. Guess you could say I'm not impressed.......

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
A couple of weeks ago we had Yamaha's EMTB concept :

Now Honda's.

Honda aren't new to MTB. In 2006 Greg Minnaar raced the RN01

View attachment 127899

Using a thin walled cast aluminium frame (like many of their motorcycles) is has a different style to many of the mainstream bikes were used to seeing. The swingarm is also cast similarly to Yamaha's bike.

View attachment 127900

Powered by the Brose Mag S in it's concept form the bike also gets Shimano brakes, SRAM Eagle drivetrain and a Rockshox Reverb AXS post, DT Swiss XM 1700 wheels and Maxis Minon DHR II tyres and a Fox Float X - but you can see most of that from the picture ...

Cables are routed semi-traditionally :

View attachment 127901

There also seems to be a mobile charge station, or it could be a beer chiller which is powered by the bike. I'm not sure either option really makes sense. Neither does the location of the charge port.

View attachment 127902

The bike is being positively considered for production !!
Like Yamaha the motorcycle brands don't seem to get that you would want a drink bottle holder. Surely all that frame space isn't a battery? :unsure:

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I’m looking for the best ebike ever, so will keep waiting for lamborghini to release their version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles