Hitch mount emtb rack

acmcdonaldgp

Jun 21, 2020
AB
I have the Thule T2 Pro XT2. I like it a lot!

Max capacity is 120 pounds, which should work for two eBikes.

Cheers

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Have one of these and am really impressed with it: SuperClamp EX 2-Bike Hitch Car Rack

When we travel, I take my road bike and my wife take's her non-MTB e-bike which is more of a urban cruiser it has fenders. Most of these racks don't work well with fendered front wheels. The Saris has no issue with it.

Also, with no bikes it does not block the rear plate and only weighs 35 lbs unloaded making it pretty easy to take on and off the vehicle.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Need a bike rack, hitch mount, for two emtbs. Any recommendations?
I like the Kuat V2.0

E76DEDC6-A70E-4B49-972A-A39D9AC8FA82.jpeg

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Have one of these and am really impressed with it: SuperClamp EX 2-Bike Hitch Car Rack

When we travel, I take my road bike and my wife take's her non-MTB e-bike which is more of a urban cruiser it has fenders. Most of these racks don't work well with fendered front wheels. The Saris has no issue with it.

Also, with no bikes it does not block the rear plate and only weighs 35 lbs unloaded making it pretty easy to take on and off the vehicle.

I have this too. Works well with carbon frames as only touches the wheels. Was cheap as well, paid $300 AUD

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Can this actually handle two emtbs though? Looks like it might not be able to handle the weight.

I know I had my reservations too but it's rated to 50+ kg

I've put my norco sight and my Mrs giant Valle pro on there no issues

Woody1975

Jul 15, 2020
amsterdam
Depens where you located,most of the above will get you a stopover from the Police.
In the e.u covering your rearsignals,license plate etc will be a hard pass

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

I've had two Kuat's first was 1 1/4 for a car but got a 2" receiver on the new ride was too floppy with a sleeve so got a second one gave the older one away, they're great about warranty of replacement parts, had the bike stand and one of the trays replaced, no questions other than what's your address. I carry two emtb's all the time, it's a little cumbersome lowering the rack with both bikes aboard when accessing the rear stowage. Nice looking rack at least until I get my paws on it, ends up looking like my bikes and my body.....beat-up!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I've used Kuat, 1UP, and a few others. This is by far the best of them all:

Expandable to 4 bikes. Integrated locks. Integrated locking hitch pin. The trays are adjustable left-to-right so you can line everything up perfectly. *Really* nice rack. Unfortunately sold out on their site :(

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
You have so many cool hitch racks over there. I found two brands that would hold an
Emtb and 3 other bikes in Northern Europe. They’d make a fortune if they expanded to Europe, although I guess the construction and physics are quite different.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I've used Kuat, 1UP, and a few others. This is by far the best of them all:

Expandable to 4 bikes. Integrated locks. Integrated locking hitch pin. The trays are adjustable left-to-right so you can line everything up perfectly. *Really* nice rack. Unfortunately sold out on their site :(

Very cool, I must write to them if they are willing to ship it to Eurp

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles