Hi Old Newbie here,

HansO

Old newbie here, 63 just recently switched to a e bike,used to race at club level back in the late 80s early 90s never a winner but hey someone needs the rear.
Anyway I just bought a Focus Thron2 6.8 a few months ago and love it, for the last few years I have not been able to ride much because of osteoarthritis I both knees and living on top of a fairly steep hill meant I could not ride up the hill without extreme pain, any way on suggestion from surgeon, I test ride a while and was sold.
Just had surgery (3weeks ago) on both knees and can't wait till I can get back on bike

HansO

Thanks for the Welcome guys, yes I found a massive difference getting up the hill before my bilateral knee replacements, only 3 weeks since surgery so still on the mend, I am a fast healer and already able to do more than expected at this early stage, I have been doing well on a stationary bike and plan to try have short ride on the ebike in the next coming days then once I rebuild my leg strength will start going for longer rides ..... We'll just take one day at a time,I have already started collecting a few XT driveline and brake parts .... Never been one to settle for standard parts if there are better out there

graham1952

May 19, 2021
exeter
Old newbie here, 63 just recently switched to a e bike,used to race at club level back in the late 80s early 90s never a winner but hey someone needs the rear.
Anyway I just bought a Focus Thron2 6.8 a few months ago and love it, for the last few years I have not been able to ride much because of osteoarthritis I both knees and living on top of a fairly steep hill meant I could not ride up the hill without extreme pain, any way on suggestion from surgeon, I test ride a while and was sold.
Just had surgery (3weeks ago) on both knees and can't wait till I can get back on bike

New luck on a speedy recovery

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles