Hi from an old fart in the Scottish Highlands.

Mad Farquhar

Apr 6, 2019
Black Isle, Ross-shire
Madainn mhath bho an t-Eilean Dubh (Greetings from the Black Isle).
Retired from full time job 6 weeks ago and buying into the emtb as a means to regain some sort of fitness without pissing myself off. Lucky in my 'hood there are, mostly mature, forestry commission plantations within 10 mins of my home, and the surrounding roads are relatively traffic lite. Just kitted out with a Cube Hybrid Pro 500 and planning my routes. Walked around Loch Ness last week to firm up the legs as a precursor for putting in the miles on the cycle. Hope to put in as much as I gain from the forum and look forward to making digi-acquaintances.
Gavin

Last edited:

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Welcome to the forum. Great part of the world you stay in, we normally make an annual trip to Cromarty each year some nice riding round you way not forgetting the world famous "Puffer 24"

Enjoy

Mad Farquhar

Apr 6, 2019
Black Isle, Ross-shire
Welcome to the forum. Great part of the world you stay in, we normally make an annual trip to Cromarty each year some nice riding round you way not forgetting the world famous "Puffer 24"

Enjoy
I'm fortunate, by design, to live here. 6 miles from Crom. I used Steve MacDonalds (instigator of the Puffer) old bike business to get the Cube. If you do the Puffer you are nuts IMHO :) .

Mad Farquhar

Apr 6, 2019
Black Isle, Ross-shire
Sounds like great fun enjoy retirement I’ve got 12 months to go..
I did it early as everybody I talked to said it was the best thing they ever did. Okay so money will be tight(er) but you end up busier than ever, however: >you do what you want< . It will soon be your turn highpeakrider, it sort of snuck up on me. Waiting for the voluntary redundancy to be actioned seemed like an eternity mind you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles