Deleted member 28866

£

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Welcome
Regarding problems remember we are all still riding new tech and were only effectively beta testing for the future :)

Last edited:

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
He was being flippant, Ewen, so please don't get het up about it. Common theme here (as a bit of fun) but he has a point that you effectively acknowledge at the start of your second paragraph. Some of the developments are released but long-term viability isn't proven as of yet, hence the beta testing comment.

I have a Rise and have done over 1000 miles on it with no major issues, just a creaking from the top of the frame where the seat tube enters. I do think manufacturers are focussing parts on production of bikes as that generates £$€ as appropriate but I do think the retail governance people, EU, Dept of Trade need to step in on lack of warranty spares when they are effectively not fulfilling a contract...

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I'm afraid I do not understand your comment. How can anyone be doing Beta Testing if they have spent £8k on a bike that has been released onto the market and widely available? Beta Testing by definition is the testing of a product by 'real users' prior to being released to market. Any users selected would receive the product to be tested Free of Charge and be expected to return the product at the end of the testing phase.

I fully appreciate the tech is relatively new in the bike industry, however my issue seems to be that bike manufacturers seem to have plenty components to produce new bikes, yet for warranty they have no stock. Currently waiting 7mths for a rear hub replacement, likewise replacement Shimano motors are not available in the UK just now.
What a way to introduce yourself... 🙄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles