Hi, newbie from West Cumbria, right on the edge of the Lake District!

neilp

Mar 23, 2018
Cleator Moor, Cumbria
Hi guys, looking to buy my first ebike in a couple of months, i'm looking to buy a Cube Reaction hybrid Pro, due to financial constraints i'm probably going to have to go for a 400 battery and hopefully upgrade next year! Any idea of what sort of distances il'l get with it? I'm 17 stone and not very fit but will try to only use turbo if i'm desperate!

Any advice, hints or tips gratefully accepted, can't wait to get out and hit some trails and also commute occasionally as well!

Cheers, Neil!

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
Hi guys, looking to buy my first ebike in a couple of months, i'm looking to buy a Cube Reaction hybrid Pro, due to financial constraints i'm probably going to have to go for a 400 battery and hopefully upgrade next year! Any idea of what sort of distances il'l get with it? I'm 17 stone and not very fit but will try to only use turbo if i'm desperate!

Any advice, hints or tips gratefully accepted, can't wait to get out and hit some trails and also commute occasionally as well!

Cheers, Neil!
Neil
Welcome to forum.
Most come now with 500 battery but I wouldn't let that put u off buying 400, especially if you plan to upgrade at later date. Then you have huge capacity with two batteries.

I reckon if your a bit out of condition and slightly heavier than you should be (Lol I describing myself here) then it's more likely you will run out of steam before the battery.

As u get out more and improve fitness you can use less power from battery and extend range.

I have 500 but rarely use more than 60% on my outings before I'm ready for home.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will chip in.

Enjoy
Pottsy

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
What is your budget? Maybe there are alternatives with bigger batteries. You're looking for a hardtail?

As for the the distance it could be anything between 25 to 70 km depending on the terrain, the assist mode and your participation.

neilp

Mar 23, 2018
Cleator Moor, Cumbria
Hi guys, thanks for the replies!? My budget is around £2000, I am using a cyclescheme voucher and topping it up, I’m looking at hard tails because of my budget, I’d love a full susser but they are way above my budget!

I’ll be mainly cycling off-road, fire roads and gentle trails albeit with some steepish climbs as the Lake District is full of them! And also whinlatter trails maybe once or twice a month!

Cheers, Neil?

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
Just in from a ride this morning. Up fire roads and down through forest tracks. 15.3 miles and used 30% of battery. On eco all the way.

neilp

Mar 23, 2018
Cleator Moor, Cumbria
Looks decent but I like the look of the Cube better and I can get the Cube Reaction with 500 battery for £2199 but at the moment my budget is prett much £2000, with no room, but I’ve got a few months to try and raise some more cash!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles