Hi Guys! Looking for a hardtail Ebike :)

Streety

Jan 24, 2022
Staffordshire
Hi Guys,

New to Emtb so thought I would make a post to say hello and ask for a bit of advice.

Looking to buy my first ebike, I have a hardtail already and its perfect for some trails and long adventure rides so I've decided I want an E-Hartail :p

Current bikes I have been looking at are;

Whyte - 505
Scott - Eride 910 or 920
Bmc - Speedfox
Haibike hardtail (Not sure which one to choose)
Any other recommendations welcome also

What are the main components I should be looking at when looking to buy, total noobie to Ebikes here lol.

Thanks
James

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Or convert your own bike with a bafang bbshd conversion kit, you'll get a lot more power and range off the battery too. Approx cost £1200 new or second hand kits obviously cheaper, stay away from the Chinese battery crap.

Streety

Jan 24, 2022
Staffordshire
Thanks for the replies lads much appreciated.

Also can anyone tell me which is better between the SR Suntour XCR34 // Rockshox 35 Gold RL 29" // or Fox 34?

only difference I can see between the Scott 910 and the Whyte 505 is the forks and chain at the moment, the whyte is an extra £420
so just thinking which is best to go for (might end up going for whichever is in stock first lol)

Last edited:

Tekmotiv

Tekmotiv.co.uk
Subscriber
Dec 28, 2021
Cambridge UK
Hi,

My opinion as an EMTB dealer would also be to get the best motor/ battery option you can, since the fork/ brakes etc can easily be updated.

The price range you are looking at of 3-4k means you could potentially get a full suspension bike.

Some other hardtail options for you aside from the other brands mentioned:

Italian bikes from Fantic ( Brose motor ) and Thok ( Shimano motor )

We have Fantic in stock now, and some Thok but the 2022 model hardtail will arrive at the end of February

We are not able to publicise the 2022 specifications yet.

We also have a couple of current model demo Fantic XTF 1.5 and 1.7 full suspension bikes with 90nm motor and 630 /720 batteries which can potentially fit your budget.

Get in touch and we could see if anything suits, we have plenty you can ride.

Fantic FANTIC XF2 INTEGRA HARDTAIL | Tekmotiv
Thok THOK MIG-HT | Tekmotiv

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Also can anyone tell me which is better between the SR Suntour XCR34 // Rockshox 35 Gold RL 29" // or Fox 34?

Suntour - mediocre

RS Gold 35 RL - Good fork, no actual experience of use, but easier to set up that a fox.

Fox 34 - Also a good fork, but few reports of a bit harsh. Problem is the damper in all foxes seen to be chosen because they want you to buy a better damper and fit that instead.

As long as you avoid the suntour you shouldn't go wrong. The RS should be stiffer than the fox, though both are good quality.

If it was my own choice and i was on a budget, i'd probably go for the RS gold. That said, there are quite a number of more expensivee forks you can pick up if you shop about and take note of sales.
There was a lyrik advertised in CRC for 500, but theyre sold out now, but its good deals like that if you can wait and watch.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles