Hi from Sunny Somerset.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Hi,
Trust all is well. I don’t own an ebike yet. I like to know what bike people would recommend to help me narrow down the search.

Kind regards
Best start testing some bikes. Rock & road has some 2019 Levo Turbos in and they look loverly.......I have the Kenevo and I'm well happy with it.
Also just up the road from you if you want to have a spin.......Ilminster (Y)

Cannonfodder04

Sep 30, 2018
Yeovil, Somerset
Best start testing some bikes. Rock & road has some 2019 Levo Turbos in and they look loverly.......I have the Kenevo and I'm well happy with it.
Also just up the road from you if you want to have a spin.......Ilminster (Y)

Hi,

Thanks. I know Paul @ Rock & Road and have had a few bike off him over the years. I have had a go on the mk1 Levo though Paul and the new Levo looks and sounds amazing but didn’t want to just go with that for ease with out finding out about others. The Pivot E Shuttle was ahead of the game and ultimately the new Levo has court up with it. Mondraker E Crusher is now being discounted and not far off the Levo weight wise & I currently ride a Dune but can’t find many reviews on that.
Where do you ride?

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
Hey - just seen this - I am Ilminster based and ride a CUBE 160 - you'd be welcome to ride it. Also have a Mondraker E Vantage R - but it's set up for commuting.

I ride all over the place - but there is a nice loop around Neroche Forest and the surrounding area.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Hey - just seen this - I am Ilminster based and ride a CUBE 160 - you'd be welcome to ride it. Also have a Mondraker E Vantage R - but it's set up for commuting.

I ride all over the place - but there is a nice loop around Neroche Forest and the surrounding area.
Ashill here mate a mile from you lol , ride a Kenevo.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hey Guys. I used to live in Chard. Used to ride my roadbike through Illminster loads. Loved Somerset for the variety of riding. XC/road from the door, Quantocks for DH, big XC loops, Brady Hollow in Yeovil, Creech and all the other great DJ spots plus tons and tons of woodland areas all over the county. Somerset has it all. I'd love to ride it all again but on an Ebike.
Folk in Scotland think I'm mental when I tell them how great the mtb riding in Somerset is.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Sweet - I am out every week riding somewhere - Let me know if you want to meet up at any point.
Nice one mate, will let you know, but the next few weeks I have full on work to do so might be a bit tricky.

I rode Neroche Castle the other day for the first time and I got lost and I din't get to many places as I din't know the area very well. . I been leaving in Ashill for 24 years and I never knew this place was there lol.

kenevo.jpg

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Nice one mate, will let you know, but the next few weeks I have full on work to do so might be a bit tricky.

I rode Neroche Castle the other day for the first time and I got lost and I din't get to many places as I din't know the area very well. . I been leaving in Ashill for 24 years and I never knew this place was there lol.

View attachment 6055
Also looking to ride at Orchard Portman soon. Spoke to the guys ride there allot and they said emtb is fine to ride there

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
No worries - The 14 mile loop I do from Neroche takes in Orchard Portman so happy to show you this one. I've also been doing a lot of bridleway exploring - and done some great routes around Dorchester. On Saturday I did the Purbeck loop around Corfe Castle- all great fun. When it's wet there's also Haldon Forest and Woodbury Common.

I can always do things last minute (being the boss!) so give me shout when you're free.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
No worries - The 14 mile loop I do from Neroche takes in Orchard Portman so happy to show you this one. I've also been doing a lot of bridleway exploring - and done some great routes around Dorchester. On Saturday I did the Purbeck loop around Corfe Castle- all great fun. When it's wet there's also Haldon Forest and Woodbury Common.

I can always do things last minute (being the boss!) so give me shout when you're free.
I'm the boss too ( Wiltown Garage in Curry rivel ) , but I can do feck all last minute lol

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Brose if you dont want to hear your motor
Bosch if you want mental acceleration and power
Shimano for range?

Bottom line is you cant go far wrong

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles