Hi from Rotorua

RotoruaPete

May 8, 2022
Rotorua, New Zealand
Greetings. I am a new member from Rotorua New Zealand. I have been a commuting cyclist for most of my working life but took up mountain biking on a Giant Stance 4 or 5 years ago. I was going to wait until I was 70 before going to an ebike but after a brush with cancer I decided that life is too short and I just bought a Scott Strike e-ride 910, 3 years earlier than my plan. Only had 4 rides so far but it seems to handle very much like my pedal bike except that uphills are now just as enjoyable as the downhills. Will mostly be scanning the forums to learn more for the moment

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Say Hi to the Redwoods for me ....will be visiting in January and plan to spend time in that splendid area with my family...
You have some amazing trails..... Love it

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
The EMTB will change the whole way you look at riding the Whakarewarewa forest as you don't get "locked" in to the two shuttle routes. It opens up the whole place so much.

RotoruaPete

May 8, 2022
Rotorua, New Zealand
Thank you all for your welcome. Yes, we are truely fortunate here. It takes me less than 30 mins from my home to the trails, plus, if I put the bike on the car there many many fresh trails within a 2 hour radius of here. Thought I might share with you a picture of the new sculpture that has just gone up last week at the Waipa MTB hub. A nice combination of now and history I think. The scafold around it has since come down.

20220502_151736.jpg
20220502_151604.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles