Hi from Manchester

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
Going to be honest…..I’ve not owned or been on a bike for 30 years.

Had a few health issues over the last few years and want to get my fitness back to a reasonable level.

My plan is to buy a ebike and use it for shorter journeys instead of my pick up.

Only been looking at ebikes for a few weeks. Emtb seems like the best option for me, as I live in a area with a few steep hills.

Here to learn as much as I can. I’d rather buy once so don’t want to make a silly mistake.

Advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, Kev

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
Welcome
There's lots of info on here and most are always happy to help with queries
Happy hunting

I haven’t even decided if I’m buying new or used yet.

I know what I’m like and no doubt I will soon be justifying whatever bike I decide I want. Prices are eye watering to the uneducated like myself.

No doubt I’ll ask many stupid questions 😊

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
This is the best place to ask them! The money ebikes cost, you want to make sure you've done plenty of reading and researching.
If buying second hand be careful of warranty, some manufacturers don't allow warranty transfers and some motors are prone to issues.

Reactions: K78

K78

Jan 17, 2023
Manchester
This is the best place to ask them! The money ebikes cost, you want to make sure you've done plenty of reading and researching.
If buying second hand be careful of warranty, some manufacturers don't allow warranty transfers and some motors are prone to issues.
If I buy second hand it will be a nicer bike than I’d buy new.

Im thinking a used Whyte would be better than what I’d buy new for £2-3k?

I like learning about new things that interest me (doesn’t happen often) and I tend to pick things up quickly. Not going to rush in with this like I usually do.

Some of the ebikes on Amazon are mental. I looked out of curiosity when the idea first crossed my mind. Nearly bought one just for shits n giggles.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
If I buy second hand it will be a nicer bike than I’d buy new.

Im thinking a used Whyte would be better than what I’d buy new for £2-3k?

I like learning about new things that interest me (doesn’t happen often) and I tend to pick things up quickly. Not going to rush in with this like I usually do.

Some of the ebikes on Amazon are mental. I looked out of curiosity when the idea first crossed my mind. Nearly bought one just for shits n giggles.
Are you after full suspension or hard tail?
What kind of riding/trails etc do you do?

Reactions: K78

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles