Hi from flat & boring Lincolnshire!

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
Hi all, just bought my first eeb!
Previously had an analogue hardtail but I'm getting old, my knees are iffy & back isn't perfect so decided it was time.
I can't wait to get out for longer, faster & further.
So, where should I be going? Sherwood Pines isn't too far from here but guessing I'd be going around it twice on my ebike.
I'm thinking Dalby Forest red route would be a good start?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi all, just bought my first eeb!
Previously had an analogue hardtail but I'm getting old, my knees are iffy & back isn't perfect so decided it was time.
I can't wait to get out for longer, faster & further.
So, where should I be going? Sherwood Pines isn't too far from here but guessing I'd be going around it twice on my ebike.
I'm thinking Dalby Forest red route would be a good start?

Hi and welcome to the forum. What bike did you buy ? I’m fairly local to Dalby and go there regularly. Used to go on the leg powered bike and found it quite tedious, but on an eeb you’ll just blast around the red route with a huge smile on your face. The trails are in good condition even in the worst weather so it’s a great option for winter riding

The most fun section, 31, or Vera Lynn, however, has just been ‘resurfaced’ and is no longer the challenging rock garden it always was, which is a real shame. Guess they’re making the trails more accessible to families & novices

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
After much deliberation I went for a Scott Genius eRide 920, hoping it was the right choice. It's the first brand new bike I've ever bought, I'm pretty handy on the spanners so have always bought 2nd hand and rebuilt/refurbished/modified as required.
I've only been to Dalby twice, both times I followed the 'normal' red route & I loved it but towards the end my knees were giving out & locking up, ouch!
Trail centres are something I haven't been to often & need to learn about next. Is section 31 part of the red route? I vaguely remember there being some long rocky sections (it was about 7 years ago I last went there)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
After much deliberation I went for a Scott Genius eRide 920, hoping it was the right choice. It's the first brand new bike I've ever bought, I'm pretty handy on the spanners so have always bought 2nd hand and rebuilt/refurbished/modified as required.
I've only been to Dalby twice, both times I followed the 'normal' red route & I loved it but towards the end my knees were giving out & locking up, ouch!
Trail centres are something I haven't been to often & need to learn about next. Is section 31 part of the red route? I vaguely remember there being some long rocky sections (it was about 7 years ago I last went there)

Nice bike! That’ll get you round Dalby with ease. Yes Vera Lynn is part of the red route. Dalby has some features which are great for learning and training on, jumps, drops, tight switchbacks etc. The end of the blue trail has been resurfaced too and is now a nice flowing downhill berm fest, there’s a shortcut at the end to take you straight back up to the red too, so worth the slight diversion

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Sparkomatic Once you have been a few times, you could go around the Sherwood Pines red trail twice in 90 mins. Even quicker if you really go for it and get a clear route. But why do that when there is so much challenging off-piste to explore? You say that Pines isn't too far away, so that means less traveling time and more riding time. Have a search through the Rideouts section for Sherwood Pines.

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
I've just been skimming through it actually, sounds like fun even if potential danger of injury and dog poop :oops:
I still need to work out exactly how far I can go before my knees give me grief, but I shall keep an eye on the rideouts section

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Try the Peaks a bit further than pines I know, but Edale, Lady Bower or Eastern Moors Tour etc a coupe of hours away, natural and great fun on an ebike.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sounds good. I need to test my knees first, don't wanna be holding anyone up :ROFLMAO:
Try Volterol Gel Joint Pain Relief (twice the strength of the muscle pain one). This stuff works! :love:

I also discovered that after several months of using my emtb, my knee pain generally (ie just walking about) was improving. My assumption is that the reduction in strain from not using my mtb was helping my knees to recover somewhat, or at least be less inflamed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles