Hi from Aberdeenshire

Doug_m

Jan 28, 2020
Aberdeenshire
Hi folks,

I've recently taken the plunge and invested in an E-mtb.
Been into bikes for a while but been struggling with the fun side lately and become more of a chore.

I went for a Trek Rail 5, I couldn't justify the higher models price tags and think it's got reasonable spec for the price.
I got it a week past Friday, went on holiday Saturday and home yesterday.
Still need to get a decent set of pedals on it so for now I'll make do with the plastic bad boys ?.
Bought and installed a matte invisiframe kit and 2x "front" mud hugger guards. I'm trying to prevent dirt/water from getting beside the motor at the rear the way I've fitted it.
I'm 45 miles in and been having a hoot locally, still to test out on some proper trails.

Anyway here's some pics.

IMG_20200202_110647.jpg
IMG_20200202_110630.jpg
IMG_20200202_110544.jpg

IMG_20200202_110423.jpg

And my other trusty steed

IMG_20190607_122638.jpg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Hi folks,

I've recently taken the plunge and invested in an E-mtb.
Been into bikes for a while but been struggling with the fun side lately and become more of a chore.

I went for a Trek Rail 5, I couldn't justify the higher models price tags and think it's got reasonable spec for the price.
I got it a week past Friday, went on holiday Saturday and home yesterday.
Still need to get a decent set of pedals on it so for now I'll make do with the plastic bad boys ?.
Bought and installed a matte invisiframe kit and 2x "front" mud hugger guards. I'm trying to prevent dirt/water from getting beside the motor at the rear the way I've fitted it.
I'm 45 miles in and been having a hoot locally, still to test out on some proper trails.

I’m also in Aberdeen and got a Rail almost 2 weeks ago.
So far I’ve been to Pitfichie, Kirkhill, Corrennie, and Hazelhead / Counteswells. I’m about 75 miles in so far, and loving the climbing ability.
It’s a bit slacker than my Stumpy, and is giving me more confidence going down too.[/QUOTE]

Doug_m

Jan 28, 2020
Aberdeenshire
I’m also in Aberdeen and got a Rail almost 2 weeks ago.
So far I’ve been to Pitfichie, Kirkhill, Corrennie, and Hazelhead / Counteswells. I’m about 75 miles in so far, and loving the climbing ability.
It’s a bit slacker than my Stumpy, and is giving me more confidence going down too.
[/QUOTE]

Nice one!

I've done pitfichie and Kirkhill a few times. I usually head to the monster trails at Fochabers, Glenlivet trails or make a day of it at Laggan. Can't wait to try there. Just transport a bit more awkward. Could really do with a van. Usually use roof bars and thule 591s.

Got a few local routes down old steep farms roads and some coastal paths I use from the house.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve been to Glenlivet a few times on my Stumpjumper, and was exhausted the first time! I think it’s be an absolute breeze on an eMTB! Fochabers is good - but I remember a bit of it being super rooty near the end. I bet that’d have the Bosch motor chattering like mad!

I’m in the centre of Aberdeen, so Hazelhead / Counteswells are about a mile from my house. It’s the only time I cycle on the road.

I have a tow bar mount rack, so it’s fairly easy to lift the bike onto that. Not so sure I’d be so confident putting it on my roof! I swapped from the Thule roof bars when I changed to a 4x4, as I needed to carry a step with me.

Doug_m

Jan 28, 2020
Aberdeenshire
I’ve been to Glenlivet a few times on my Stumpjumper, and was exhausted the first time! I think it’s be an absolute breeze on an eMTB! Fochabers is good - but I remember a bit of it being super rooty near the end. I bet that’d have the Bosch motor chattering like mad!

I’m in the centre of Aberdeen, so Hazelhead / Counteswells are about a mile from my house. It’s the only time I cycle on the road.

I have a tow bar mount rack, so it’s fairly easy to lift the bike onto that. Not so sure I’d be so confident putting it on my roof! I swapped from the Thule roof bars when I changed to a 4x4, as I needed to carry a step with me.

I once did the Glenlivet top red trail twice then the rest with my brother(he's about 10x fitter than me), was proper exhausted then!
That's funny, we always bypass that last rooty section at Fochabers, continue down the fire road and cross over to the other side to the Ordiequish side and do a 17 mile(ish) loop.

Pain in the ass really. Fair weight to be lifting onto the roof!
Buzzing to hit proper trails, smiles for miles with this thing.

Dockert79

Jan 3, 2020
Scotland
He folks, I’m in Aberdeenshire too. Live very close to pitfichie and always keen to go for a ride. Message me here if you are keen. I’m on a Merida e120 8000. Can show you some really good trails round and about my house and pitfichie.

Doug_m

Jan 28, 2020
Aberdeenshire
He folks, I’m in Aberdeenshire too. Live very close to pitfichie and always keen to go for a ride. Message me here if you are keen. I’m on a Merida e120 8000. Can show you some really good trails round and about my house and pitfichie.
Maybe take you up on that offer, see what else is about ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles