Hi folks, noob advice please ...

Samba

Sep 15, 2020
Ayr
Hi all,

Im from Ayrshire. Really keen to get an EMTB full suspension.

Im finding it difficult to get one with good motor.

My requirements

Im 6ft 4 tall, I have a budget of up to around £3.5k

I found Vitus and Stylus decathlon but cant get any in stock, been trying for months.

Anyone any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Hello and welcome.

I can only speak for myself when I say push the boat out.

I bought a Stilus in July. I have had a great time on it having startling cycling again after seven or more years. I am now wishing I had the courage to spend more as now I want something else. It would be wrong to say better as the bike has been great and now understanding eebs a bit more my wish list has changed.

I think you are right to focus on the motor but at the moment it seems there is not much in terms of what’s available and so it might be a case of either waiting for the exact model or just getting something that gets you out on one.

P.S. If and when I sell my bike I will resist the urge to list it at £3500 as can be seen buy one seller that that famous online auction selling site.

Samba

Sep 15, 2020
Ayr
Hello and welcome.

I can only speak for myself when I say push the boat out.

I bought a Stilus in July. I have had a great time on it having startling cycling again after seven or more years. I am now wishing I had the courage to spend more as now I want something else. It would be wrong to say better as the bike has been great and now understanding eebs a bit more my wish list has changed.

I think you are right to focus on the motor but at the moment it seems there is not much in terms of what’s available and so it might be a case of either waiting for the exact model or just getting something that gets you out on one.

P.S. If and when I sell my bike I will resist the urge to list it at £3500 as can be seen buy one seller that that famous online auction selling site.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Unfortunately Im not in a position to go more on my budget, nor have access to a cycle discount scheme. I saw a Stylus, used, on ebay, no upgrades but asking 3.5k. If I remember that was a good bit more the RRP?
I'll keep looking for options. Saw a HaiBike on pre order for 3k with full suspension. I might go down that road but means waiting 6 months or so.
Are there any motors or bike brands you would stay clear of? Im thinking for reliability issues, probably my biggest concern.
Thanks in advance.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I have no personal experience of other motors but I love the Bosch. I guess all brands have failures, that’s just the nature of things. Some appear more troublesome than others?

Samba

Sep 15, 2020
Ayr
I have no personal experience of other motors but I love the Bosch. I guess all brands have failures, that’s just the nature of things. Some appear more troublesome than others?
Very true Pigin. The Bosch motors, especially the new ones seem to have a great rep for build quality.

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
There are interest free loans for buying ebikes available through the Energy Saving Trust backed by the Scottish Government might be worth a look

Samba

Sep 15, 2020
Ayr
There are interest free loans for buying ebikes available through the Energy Saving Trust backed by the Scottish Government might be worth a look
awesome,

thanks,

Ill go look, I wasnt aware of this

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles