Hi everybody first timer here new to the forum and emtbs

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
Bought my haibike allmtn flyon 5 beginning of feb 21 it’s now due a third motor! Bike shop(ebike sussex shoreham) states they are not liable !! And I’m now left with a £5499 paperweight (heavy one at that) Raliegh don’t want to know although they were quite nice about it stating the bike shop was lying about not being able to wheel the bike backwards !!
please be aware

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Bought my haibike allmtn flyon 5 beginning of feb 21 it’s now due a third motor! Bike shop(ebike sussex shoreham) states they are not liable !! And I’m now left with a £5499 paperweight (heavy one at that) Raliegh don’t want to know although they were quite nice about it stating the bike shop was lying about not being able to wheel the bike backwards !!
please be aware
has it been abused?
whatare the grounds of refusal?

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
has it been abused?
whatare the grounds of refusal?
I’m sure now I’ve researched this bike a bit more and the reaction I’ve had from the professional people I’ve spoken to about this motor , it was rushed out and now they no longer import these as so many had issues and were returned

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
I’m sure now I’ve researched this bike a bit more and the reaction I’ve had from the professional people I’ve spoken to about this motor , it was rushed out and now they no longer import these as so many had issues and were returned
I’m sure the bike shop sighed relief when I bought it and now just don’t want it back

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
not the answer i was looking for really.
what were the grounds for refusal at the lbs and also the manufacturer/distributor

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
You really do need to answer the questions to get the help you need. There are some good folks on here willing to help but from what I can gather the clairvoyants are very thin on the ground. ?
On what grounds was it refused? Did you buy it from them? Was it new at time of purchase? I'm also picking up a vibe that you are perhaps being coy about something, spill the beans.

Heres a bit of reading for you as to where you might stand. Consumer Rights Act 2015

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Smurffire It does not matter what the history of the brand/model is, nor whether the bike shop was glad to get rid of it. Your contract is with them and the bike is unfit for purpose. If they refuse to resolve this, I would be talking to the Trading Standards people just for starters.

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
You really do need to answer the questions to get the help you need. There are some good folks on here willing to help but from what I can gather the clairvoyants are very thin on the ground. ?
On what grounds was it refused? Did you buy it from them? Was it new at time of purchase? I'm also picking up a vibe that you are perhaps being coy about something, spill the beans.

Heres a bit of reading for you as to where you might stand. Consumer Rights Act 2015
Hi not being coy at all , and sorry but I am new to all this social media stuff, bought the bike new from ebike sussex shoreham on collection was told never to wheel the bike backwards ! Bit weird but ok go with it first motor started making a horrible screeching/tweeting noise by the 22nd feb not even a month later spoke to shop they booked it in for a replacement motor, five days later picked up bike no probs
Two weeks later second motor developed same fault contacted bike shop and was told they would fit another under goodwill !! And that I was told not to wheel it backwards ( which I hadn’t ) told them that under consumer law I was requesting a refund , they have refused and now tell me they are not liable for the motor! Spoke to Raliegh Uk they were no help .

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
not the answer i was looking for really.
what were the grounds for refusal at the lbs and also the manufacturer/distributor
They state that now I want a refund they are not taking it back as the fault must of been caused by me wheeling it backwards (cause and effect)shops words ! And Raliegh Uk stated that it was between me and the bike shop and they don’t want to get involved , although did confirm that being told that I can’t wheel it backwards (which I haven’t) was incorrect

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire

whos got chrystal balls

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Can they show you anything in writing or otherwise that states the bike MUST NOT be wheeled backwards? They won’t be able to as that would make the bike immediately unfit for the purpose it was bought for. I think Trading Standards will be very interested in your case. Good luck. ?

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
Can they show you anything in writing or otherwise that states the bike MUST NOT be wheeled backwards? They won’t be able to as that would make the bike immediately unfit for the purpose it was bought for. I think Trading Standards will be very interested in your case. Good luck. ?
Thanks , and no I’ve checked

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
If you are going to reject the bike you should do it in writing explaining all the steps you and they have taken so far and the reason you are rejecting it. Send it snail mail and recorded delivery. Keep a copy for yourself as ask the kind Post Office people to put a date stamp on it or the sealed flap of the envelope you keep it in. It will come in very handy should you end up at small claims court.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I suggest you go back and do your research again.

arawa

Jun 17, 2019
Highlands
@Sidepod @arawa You guys have pushed yours backwards ?
Never been told not to wheel backwards and probably have but not more than a few feet to get through gates etc.
My initial problems were caused by a damaged control box/wiring issue (noticed by LBS on PDI) and the months waiting for a replacement. Then a (very) slightly out-of-alignment speed sensor disc perhaps caused by a warped brake disk that was hard to diagnose in the early days of Flyons. That was all put right over a year ago by my excellent LBS and since then I have had no problems and I am very happy with the bike.
A friend who bought an identical Flyon at the same time as me has had only one minor issue (and he uses his bike a lot) that was caused by standing on the pedal when switching on. No other problems at all and he is also very happy with his bike.

Smurffire

May 4, 2021
Sussex
If you are going to reject the bike you should do it in writing explaining all the steps you and they have taken so far and the reason you are rejecting it. Send it snail mail and recorded delivery. Keep a copy for yourself as ask the kind Post Office people to put a date stamp on it or the sealed flap of the envelope you keep it in. It will come in very handy should you end up at small claims court.
Thanks pigin

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles