Hi all, new forum member from Norway :)

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
Hi EMTB forum.

I'm a fresh member but a longer time "lurker" to the site, so thought it just proper to introduce myself.

My name is Per and I reside in Norway, a perfect place for Mountain biking both with and without a motor really, at least outside of the freezing cold snowy winters that we normally get (but thankfully we have skis & snowboards for that).

I've always been drawn to more FUN, some might call them extreme, activities like skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, Windsurfing, skydiving, flying, motorbikes etc, and used to ride mountain bikes a lot on trails and fire roads back in my younger days throughout the '90s and I LOVED it.

Unfortunately my pride & joy at the time, a Cannondale Killer V900, was eventually stolen, and in all honesty work, moving into the city in a flat with no bike space & life in general got in the way of me actually getting a new bike while the years flew by. Before I knew it I was suddenly middle aged, and a bit squidgy round the edges.

So as I was coming to terms with the realization that I am no longer 20ish, I borrowed a friends bike one day while my car was in the shop, and BAM! it all came back :cool: How much fun it is to ride a bike, and how much I had really missed it without realizing.

I ended up getting myself a great deal on a brilliant full sus bike and started riding trails again on the first bike I had owned in about 20 years. I do some commuting to work on the bike as an alternative to taking my car as well, which has definitely improved my form too.

Having found the passion for MTB riding anew, I started talking about it to my friends & colleagues, and as it turns out there were several of them already riding, so it has gotten eve more social and fun than I could have imagined!

The only "downside" was that the EMTB revolution really got going here and ALL the friends I ride regularly with got themselves new, nice & shiny EMTB's last season.

Having just made a sizable investment in my analog bike less than a year prior, I have been trying to hold out best I could, hence just lurking on this forum and not registering, telling myself the same old "analog biker" lies, that at least "I'm getting more of a workout than my friends", and "they are really "cheating" a bit" and all that nonsense.

But me being a bit of a nerd, loving technology, stash, parts and equipment and not being able to stay away from EMTB stuff online, plus trying out my mates e-bikes have just proven too much fun in the long run.

Soooo.... I have finally caved and got a 2020 Levo on order. :eek: Can't wait to get it! So now it was time to go all in and register here as well.

That is my story and how I ended up here. Thank you to all who stuck with me and read through all the way to the end, I know it is a long ass introduction.

Looking forward to reading even more info, tips, tricks and experiences shared by all you guys & girls in this great community and hoping I will be able to contribute some myself as well.

Thank you very much to Rob & team for having me and for setting up this great forum and site.

Love your channel Rob, Keep the great vidz comming!

Per (YrianX)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
You are very fortunate to live in Norway. I have traveled there a couple of times and it’s literally my favorite place on earth.
This is a photo from my last trip
071E6A38-E11D-4A61-9C0C-7EF1B9B85502.jpeg

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Great write up for the introduction, and truth be known, would probably be the same story for many of us who used to MTB, 'Back In The Day' and have found that fun again, only to then discover even more fun on an Ebike.
Even now after 3 months with my ebike I haven't even pulled the cover off my 300 2-stroke KTM, just too easy to jump on the pushy (what we call a bicycle here in Oz) and head out into the bush. Then at the other end of the day, a lot less maintenance as well, same grin, if not more as well. Riding with my mates early on a Sunday morning has now become a weekend ritual, much more social than trail bike riding on the motor bikes as you can have a chat as you cycle along.
Anyway, enough rambling, welcome and I bet your having trouble sleeping at night in anticipation of the new bike, enjoy when it gets here.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Hi EMTB forum.

I'm a fresh member but a longer time "lurker" to the site, so thought it just proper to introduce myself.

My name is Per and I reside in Norway, a perfect place for Mountain biking both with and without a motor really, at least outside of the freezing cold snowy winters that we normally get (but thankfully we have skis & snowboards for that).

I've always been drawn to more FUN, some might call them extreme, activities like skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, Windsurfing, skydiving, flying, motorbikes etc, and used to ride mountain bikes a lot on trails and fire roads back in my younger days throughout the '90s and I LOVED it.

Unfortunately my pride & joy at the time, a Cannondale Killer V900, was eventually stolen, and in all honesty work, moving into the city in a flat with no bike space & life in general got in the way of me actually getting a new bike while the years flew by. Before I knew it I was suddenly middle aged, and a bit squidgy round the edges.

So as I was coming to terms with the realization that I am no longer 20ish, I borrowed a friends bike one day while my car was in the shop, and BAM! it all came back :cool: How much fun it is to ride a bike, and how much I had really missed it without realizing.

I ended up getting myself a great deal on a brilliant full sus bike and started riding trails again on the first bike I had owned in about 20 years. I do some commuting to work on the bike as an alternative to taking my car as well, which has definitely improved my form too.

Having found the passion for MTB riding anew, I started talking about it to my friends & colleagues, and as it turns out there were several of them already riding, so it has gotten eve more social and fun than I could have imagined!

The only "downside" was that the EMTB revolution really got going here and ALL the friends I ride regularly with got themselves new, nice & shiny EMTB's last season.

Having just made a sizable investment in my analog bike less than a year prior, I have been trying to hold out best I could, hence just lurking on this forum and not registering, telling myself the same old "analog biker" lies, that at least "I'm getting more of a workout than my friends", and "they are really "cheating" a bit" and all that nonsense.

But me being a bit of a nerd, loving technology, stash, parts and equipment and not being able to stay away from EMTB stuff online, plus trying out my mates e-bikes have just proven too much fun in the long run.

Soooo.... I have finally caved and got a 2020 Levo on order. :eek: Can't wait to get it! So now it was time to go all in and register here as well.

That is my story and how I ended up here. Thank you to all who stuck with me and read through all the way to the end, I know it is a long ass introduction.

Looking forward to reading even more info, tips, tricks and experiences shared by all you guys & girls in this great community and hoping I will be able to contribute some myself as well.

Thank you very much to Rob & team for having me and for setting up this great forum and site.

Love your channel Rob, Keep the great vidz comming!

Per (YrianX)

What a cracking introduction that is Per !
Bicycle thieves in Norway !! Cant imagine that somehow.
Hope you enjoy your Levo as much as everybody else does.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles