Hi all forum members from Auckland, NZ

Kiwikev

Jan 11, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
I've been mountain biking since the mid 90's and raced Bmx way back in the day. I'm currently building an Chiner 29 with a Flybike Fm936 frame and so far so good! I also have an old Focus Jam2 emtb which needs to be replaced but I can't for love or money find a replacement that I would want to invest an arm and a leg in due to the current shortages in the industry. After having watched Rob's Cheeb videos and happy with my own acoustic Cheeb build I've decided to look into the possibility of building my own Cheeb, hence why I am here to pick all your brains to pieces and have information overload!

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Hello from Christchurch! Lived in central Auckland for a few years too. Just waiting for my first eBike too that should drop in 3 weeks. Decided on a 2022 Giant Trance X E+ 1 Pro.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Hey y'all - from the Tron on the banks of the Mighty Waikato.
Definitely a shortage out there. Anyone desperately needs a new bike they are struggling to receive anything until mid year or later. Just picked up an Avanti e-Hammer LT2 as a second bike and that was through who I know and naff all else.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Hey y'all - from the Tron on the banks of the Mighty Waikato.
Definitely a shortage out there. Anyone desperately needs a new bike they are struggling to receive anything until mid year or later. Just picked up an Avanti e-Hammer LT2 as a second bike and that was through who I know and naff all else.

Definitely global shortages! Avanti delivering the goods again and flying under the popular radar. That Avanti e-Hammer LT2 is a lot of bike for the cash! How does it ride?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Haven't rode it yet. Well, started a ride but found the rear shock rocks forward as well as compressing so it was hitting my bottle cage. Working on an alternative setup right now before I ride. Swapped out the controller for a Kiox before assembling as I wanted the connectivity the Purion didn't have and I really hate the display out on the handlebar.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles