Hi all my name is bee from uk wales

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
Hi guys,I have demo day to test the new yt decoy few months ago, And this year is my 40 years old birthday ,so I decided to get a new bike for myself a birthday present ,but before I place the order from the website ,I just want to know any good thing or bad thing about the decoy? Because so many new 2020ebike out than,its still worth it to buy?hope some one can help me plaese?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
There have been some reports of issues with the e-thirteen cassette. Apparently a manufacturing issue and YT are swapping them out when issues arise.
Came across a guy who had problems with the spokes coming loose & breaking on his e-thirteen wheels. Not seen on mine.
There were some early battery issues (which seem to have been resolved).
Rattling from the frame. In some cases it was pivots, in my case it was cables above the battery slot.
Most people seem to hate the provided saddle me included.
Shimano error codes were an issue but again seem to have been fixed with updates.
I'm not a fan of the stop block in the headset. Not sure why its there as the forks look like they would clear the down tube fine, maybe they were thinking of DH forks.
Definitely gravity focused in the low setting yet surprisingly poppy at the same time. Riding at Afan yesterday I did find the forks a bit 'floppy' round the switchbacks on the climbs so I have swapped the flip chips to the high setting for the next outing to see how that goes.
I'm really enjoying the bike so far.

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
There have been some reports of issues with the e-thirteen cassette. Apparently a manufacturing issue and YT are swapping them out when issues arise.
Came across a guy who had problems with the spokes coming loose & breaking on his e-thirteen wheels. Not seen on mine.
There were some early battery issues (which seem to have been resolved).
Rattling from the frame. In some cases it was pivots, in my case it was cables above the battery slot.
Most people seem to hate the provided saddle me included.
Shimano error codes were an issue but again seem to have been fixed with updates.
I'm not a fan of the stop block in the headset. Not sure why its there as the forks look like they would clear the down tube fine, maybe they were thinking of DH forks.
Definitely gravity focused in the low setting yet surprisingly poppy at the same time. Riding at Afan yesterday I did find the forks a bit 'floppy' round the switchbacks on the climbs so I have swapped the flip chips to the high setting for the next outing to see how that goes.
I'm really enjoying the bike so far.
hi mate, Is very very useful information about the new decoy?

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
Also Im thinking to get 2020 Scott e Genius 900 or yt decoy??what is you guys think and please leave me some comment.thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles