Levo Gen 2 Hey Tubeless Experts?

Newbut Old

Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
Hi! For 29" tubeless tires on 2020 Turbo Levo Expert and Turbo Levo Comp, can anyone recommend a schedule and amount for routinely adding tire sealant? Such as 2oz. every 4 months? What amount and how frequent for a general routine for adding? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark45acp

Jan 19, 2021
West Sussex
HI, I recommend and will only use - Stans RACE sealant - it is so much better than all the other 'milk' type - it has lots of fibres in it - sealed very hole I ever had without having to stop and pump up ! I just whack in 2 measures into the tyre (more than the recommended dose / it will clog up the valve so you cant fill through it) and just forget about it until the tyre is worn and needs replacing.

In my experience - usually with another rider the milk only types - spray about all over the place and take forever to seal and you need to add air to carry on

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
HI, I recommend and will only use - Stans RACE sealant - it is so much better than all the other 'milk' type - it has lots of fibres in it - sealed very hole I ever had without having to stop and pump up ! I just whack in 2 measures into the tyre (more than the recommended dose / it will clog up the valve so you cant fill through it) and just forget about it until the tyre is worn and needs replacing.

Or put a half teaspoon of glitter in the tire when you mount it, and then put regular Stan's sealant in via the valve stem.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hi! For 29" tubeless tires on 2020 Turbo Levo Expert and Turbo Levo Comp, can anyone recommend a schedule and amount for routinely adding tire sealant? Such as 2oz. every 4 months? What amount and how frequent for a general routine for adding? Thanks in advance for your help!

3 - 4oz, I only replace it when I remove the tire or change the tire.

Newbut Old

Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
Or put a half teaspoon of glitter in the tire when you mount it, and then put regular Stan's sealant in via the valve stem.
Interesting thanks! My local bike shop guy recommends adding every 4 to 6 months. Good to get other opinions and advice. I think he is using the regular Stans though and not the race. Could you add some of the ‘race’ to existing regular Stans?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Interesting thanks! My local bike shop guy recommends adding every 4 to 6 months. Good to get other opinions and advice. I think he is using the regular Stans though and not the race. Could you add some of the ‘race’ to existing regular Stans?

tires rarely last me 4-6 months. ;-)

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

yes, you can mix them.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use regular Stans.........never had a puncture that did not self seal in seconds. How often you need to top up largely depends on the sort of temperatures the bike experiences over time. I check mine whenever I remove a wheel by shaking it to ensure I can hear some fluid in there. I always start off with 100ml and will top up with 30ml through the valve after 4/5 months.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I can't remember ever using Stans. I use Continental Revo sealant (milky looking latex). When you first get hold of a bottle there is always a thick sludge at the bottom, which is where all the particles are. If I don't shake it, the sealant will go in via the valve hole (core removed). But if I have shaken the bottle vigorously until the sludge is dispersed then it just blocks the valve hole. This is not surprising as that is what the particles are for, to block holes. How does Stans work if it doesn't have particles in it?

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
Working my way through this sort of thing myself.
I did see someone dip check there’s through the valve with a small Allen key.
Obviously with air released and valve at bottom.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I find if you are using a brand new tyre and clean wheel/tape you'll need to top up after 2-3 months, then the sealant lasts for ages.

I've been using the cafe latex stuff and it's pretty good though I don't seem to shred my tyres like some of you do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles