Hey from Lancs, UK

GizzmoShifu

Subscriber
Mar 21, 2024
Lancashire, UK
Hi all,
Newbie to the forums and I suppose newbie to the whole cycling scene after taking a 20yr+ break from it; break was due to health reasons and picking it up again due to health reasons... gotta love swings and roundabouts!

Picked up a Himiway Cobra 6 months back but have just switched to a Levo comp now I've started riding things a little bit more chaotic than canal tracks and my local park.

Anywhoooooo this is me, I'm a newbie but I did spend the afternoon swapping out the tubes for cushcore inserts + tubeless which was fun :LOL:

Thanks,
Matt.

FrostFlame

Mar 15, 2024
Philippines
Props to you for getting back on the saddle! Himiway Cobra sounds like a solid ride, but switching to a Levo comp sounds like you're really getting into some serious terrain now. Swapping out tubes for cushcore inserts and going tubeless sounds like a fun little project.

GizzmoShifu

Subscriber
Mar 21, 2024
Lancashire, UK
Yeah the Cobra is proper solid but is a bit on the large/heavy (~90lbs) side for what I want to do but has been great for my local park and canal paths.

I'm heading up to my local trail park this weekend to hit some blue/red trails which I've not been able to do with the cobra due it's weight/size and available boot space in my car ... first aid kit on standby :LOL:

Tubeless conversion wasn't too bad tbh but it took some effort to get the cushcore into place, once that was done the rest was super easy.

@Tonybro sweet, I know who to speak to about the best local trails now ;)

Last edited:

GizzmoShifu

Subscriber
Mar 21, 2024
Lancashire, UK
That would be cool, once I get used to riding a bit more 👍

For now, I'm probably going to be hitting the Gisburn blue/red trails a fair bit while I get used to the cadence system and new ride beds in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles