Here we fe*"n go.... Idiots...

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field

Fukin dodgy deliverys on ebikes will fuk it all up eventually.
Having seen a few round here going proper fast it is only a matter of time.
Hopefully some old biddy will get flattened by a Chinese take away because until that happens it will continue to be a problem. I was riding the other day on my analogue bike a 26mph and one went past me lol.
Looks like the cops are on it now....

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
IMO, there’s far more pressing issues Police Scotland should be worrying about. Police in the UK seem to go after petty shit and let the real criminals walk free. One of the things I really dislike about living in here, the justice system is a joke. They’ll kick down your door and drag you out of your house for offending someone on FB but you can hand them footage of your shop being broken into with the names of the people responsible and they do nothing.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Seen my first proper illegal e-bike when I was driving through Pontefract a couple of weeks ago, some kind of Sur-Ron.

It was stopped at the opposite set of traffic lights, and when they went green it took off like a scalded cat, very obviously not a 250w e-bike, no helmet worn by the rider and no pedaling whatsoever.

I suppose on the plus side it will attract the attention of the police, but whether they do anything about it is another thing.

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
Pff, that's nothing. Here every second delivery rider has slapped one of those bafang motors on their wobbly trash bikes and go 30+ km/h on throttle among pedestrians.
I have also seen proper electric bikes (that look like cross motorbikes) whizz at 50+ km/h on road. No license plate because there's no law regulation and they are illegal basically.

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
Pff, that's nothing. Here every second delivery rider has slapped one of those bafang motors on their wobbly trash bikes and go 30+ km/h on throttle among pedestrians.
I have also seen proper electric bikes (that look like cross motorbikes) whizz at 50+ km/h on road. No license plate because there's no law regulation and they are illegal basically.
Croatia looks like a good place to live 😁

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
One concern is that all the negative stuff in the press about "electric bikes"* may eventually cause your buildings and contents insurer to load your premium or insist that the bike is not stored or charged in the house or garage.

Note* Unfortunately, the "electric bike" reported upon is most often NOT what we ride, ie a pedelec from a reputable manufacturer with a charger matched to the battery.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
IMO, there’s far more pressing issues Police Scotland should be worrying about. Police in the UK seem to go after petty shit and let the real criminals walk free. One of the things I really dislike about living in here, the justice system is a joke. They’ll kick down your door and drag you out of your house for offending someone on FB but you can hand them footage of your shop being broken into with the names of the people responsible and they do nothing.
And I thought this was just in the Democratic liberal run cites in the U.S.
There is no where to move to anymore 🥲

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
And I thought this was just in the Democratic liberal run cites in the U.S.
There is no where to move to anymore 🥲
Maybe if a few people get run over by derestricted illegal ebikes the population will decrease thus creating space to move....😁

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field

Wales now .....🤣

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
probably another Suron (moto)bikes , don't confuse with cat1 ebikes...

1699628886522.png

ah... looked at the pics....DIY ? (+ebike kits from china...)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I was driving to work this morning along the road, and a Deliveroo driver went past me on some naff Chinese eBike in the bus lane. I was doing about 35mph, so he must've been closer to 40mph. No pedals turning, and the only helmet in sight was the one riding the bike!

shep

Nov 4, 2023
In a field
I was driving to work this morning along the road, and a Deliveroo driver went past me on some naff Chinese eBike in the bus lane. I was doing about 35mph, so he must've been closer to 40mph. No pedals turning, and the only helmet in sight was the one riding the bike!
Niiiiice 🤣
Fan and shit comes to mind. It's definitely going to kick off more .....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles