Levo Gen 2 Help with Creak noise

Denpot29

Sep 27, 2020
Crawley
Anyones bike suffered from a creaking noise when the power is put down, more noticeably from the right crank arm?
My brother has taken the rear of the frame apart, re-greased and torqued everything back to manufacturers spec. Crank arms off, plastic motor cover off/on, seat post etc etc.
It did get quieter but today it returned and it’s doing my head in ?.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
It's usually the seat post. Take it out again and give it a good clean, also inside the frame where it goes in, then do it up good and tight (alu frame - use fresh paste with a carbon frame and "follow manufacturer's instructions")

The test is to try peddling standing up for a bit. If it stops, it's your seat post, which it has been every single time for me.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
Anyones bike suffered from a creaking noise when the power is put down, more noticeably from the right crank arm?
My brother has taken the rear of the frame apart, re-greased and torqued everything back to manufacturers spec. Crank arms off, plastic motor cover off/on, seat post etc etc.
It did get quieter but today it returned and it’s doing my head in ?.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I just came from a 2 week long search for a ticking/creaking noise that drove me crazy I did all of the above and stricktly ruled the headset out because I regreased it 2 weeks before the noise started. I could have sworn it came from the motor area and was only inches away from calling my LBS. Guess what it was the headset o_O

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
I had a ticking noise for a while now. While in trail mode and worse in Turbo. I replaced the chain ring, the chain, clean and greased the crank arms and pedals. I finally decided I was pulling the motor. I bought the socket for the castle nut and the puller for the spider. The castle nut was tight but the slider was loose and didnt even need the puller to take off. So much crap was on those splines. Cleaned off and greased. Reassembled. I’m 99% sure that was it. Thursday’s ride will be the telling factor

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Lots of ticking noises on levos are due to the chainring spider ever so gently touching the chain guide.

Denpot29

Sep 27, 2020
Crawley
I think I’ve found it, with the battery fitted the casing/cover creaks just up from the connector, took the battery out and flexed the right crank arm on the pedal and it’s silent!! Small things have big impacts, I could be happy again. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I think I’ve found it, with the battery fitted the casing/cover creaks just up from the connector, took the battery out and flexed the right crank arm on the pedal and it’s silent!! Small things have big impacts, I could be happy again. Thanks everyone.
I always smear some grease on the edges of the motor cover. Where the gap is bigger I use a little motofoam pushed into the gap. Both help to keep dust out and also prevents plastic against ally creaking noises!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles