Help me color coordinate!

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
So I am trying to come up with a color scheme... I have Kashima forks & dropper, and my pedals are oil slick. What else should I change & color up?

Totally looking at options here! I could go with more Oil Slick stuff, like the seat collar & stem, or, maybe yellow or maybe gold...

What do those with more color coordination sense than I have think?

Heckler.jpg

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
First off...get rid of the oil slick pedals. I for the life of me don't understand the appeal of oil slick anything. Plus the oil slick makes them slippery. Get a pair of cement PNW grips and pedals, change up the Fox fork sticker to orange, blue or yellow. Leave the seat alone...black seats don't show skid marks. Increase the rise of the bars...unless you like back aches or have 4 foot arms. Bikes don't have to be rainbow themed to have a killer look.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Stealth black decals on the fork and shock. Sell the oilslick pedals and fit black ones. For best effect strip off the tyre logos and the rim decals.
The bonus is that folk won't recognise the bike and be less likely to steal it. :love:

All black riding gear to match! When you commit some random riding faux pas, nobody will know it was you! :ROFLMAO:

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Slik graphics for fork decals same quality as fox ones and you can customise your colour choice on there website and they do a kashima colour too. Other than that don’t add to much colour a little goes a long way. seat clamp,stem spacers,tubeless valves keep it subtle. I’ve definitely over done it in the past 🤣

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Slik graphics for fork decals same quality as fox ones and you can customise your colour choice on there website and they do a kashima colour too. Other than that don’t add to much colour a little goes a long way. seat clamp,stem spacers,tubeless valves keep it subtle. I’ve definitely over done it in the past 🤣
Yeah, I was thinking of going all clown show...

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
So I am trying to come up with a color scheme... I have Kashima forks & dropper, and my pedals are oil slick. What else should I change & color up?

Totally looking at options here! I could go with more Oil Slick stuff, like the seat collar & stem, or, maybe yellow or maybe gold...

What do those with more color coordination sense than I have think?

View attachment 105051
Color is subjective, do what YOU like. First step, before you scratch paint job is to get Invisifame or RideWrap protective film on that beauty. I have SC Bullit with Invisiframe matte finish (bike is copper/black matte), kit offers complete coverage and I’ve already tested it down steep, brutal rock garden, bike came out much better than I did!

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Color is subjective, do what YOU like. First step, before you scratch paint job is to get Invisifame or RideWrap protective film on that beauty. I have SC Bullit with Invisiframe matte finish (bike is copper/black matte), kit offers complete coverage and I’ve already tested it down steep, brutal rock garden, bike came out much better than I did!
Here’s bike, post crash… not a mark. (Note: if you’re tall guy riding L or XL, you might look into longer dropper post, many guys in our group riding steeps are using OneUp 210mm drop posts)

DCBFFD54-70F1-4F90-B9E6-6AE278B85A24.jpeg

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
First thing I did to the bike was take it to Ridewrap in Santa Cruz... Second thing I did, was kink the dropper post cable.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Here’s bike, post crash… not a mark. (Note: if you’re tall guy riding L or XL, you might look into longer dropper post, many guys in our group riding steeps are using OneUp 210mm drop posts)
Beauty!

Yeah, I am on a Large, and near the bottom of the size range at 5-10. I actually have the dropper all the way down. When I bought the bike, the post was a ways up, so I dropped it... kinked the cable, and had to replace it.

I probably should have entertained a Medium sized bike. But... When I test rode at the Santa Cruz Experience center, they put me on a Large & I loved how it rode, so I bought a Large, had to get it shipped from Colorado, since I could not find one anywhere close to home, due to the 25% off sale. I had found a medium or 2, but hadn't ridden one, so was stuck on a Large. I adjusted the post down, screwed up the cable & here we are...

Really, the difference is in reach, I am fine with the reach as-is, and can't wait to get some miles on the bike. The ground is finally drying out a bit.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Beauty!

Yeah, I am on a Large, and near the bottom of the size range at 5-10. I actually have the dropper all the way down. When I bought the bike, the post was a ways up, so I dropped it... kinked the cable, and had to replace it.

I probably should have entertained a Medium sized bike. But... When I test rode at the Santa Cruz Experience center, they put me on a Large & I loved how it rode, so I bought a Large, had to get it shipped from Colorado, since I could not find one anywhere close to home, due to the 25% off sale. I had found a medium or 2, but hadn't ridden one, so was stuck on a Large. I adjusted the post down, screwed up the cable & here we are...

Really, the difference is in reach, I am fine with the reach as-is, and can't wait to get some miles on the bike. The ground is finally drying out a bit.
You’re likely on a 175mm or less dropper, with you being on a Large that drop might leave you feeling like bike is a bit oversized when you really want to slam seat and get down. I’m pretty sure the OneUp 210 post can be set for 190-210 drop (with pins shipped with post), Santa Cruz typically use a little shorter reach than others so I expect you’re still good on the L size.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
You’re likely on a 175mm or less dropper, with you being on a Large that drop might leave you feeling like bike is a bit oversized when you really want to slam seat and get down. I’m pretty sure the OneUp 210 post can be set for 190-210 drop (with pins shipped with post), Santa Cruz typically use a little shorter reach than others so I expect you’re still good on the L size.
Yeah, had I tried both sizes, I may have made a different choice, but I ended up purchasing what I test rode. I'm not a very agressive rider any more. Now, I just need to get some miles on it!

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
So my wife decked her bike out in Toxic Barbie Pink... Just waiting for pedals to come back in stock.

Mine sits as purchased, with the much hated here Oil Slick pedals...

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Highlights work well
So things like brake lever blades/lids.caliper bore caps . Stem, maybe even hubs and or rims.
yes-my rail is pretty much murdered out but wolf tooth makes a dropper lever in all kinds of colors so i got one in purple along with seat post collar

richie_Kenevo

Apr 23, 2022
New Brunswick
Beauty!

Remember more or less reach can be obtained with a stem reduction or increase, saddle + or - depending on your reach goals. Your bike looks great and in IMO lighter accents on darker bikes, and dark components on neutral or lighter-coloured bikes look pretty good. I usually start with the handlebar, grips, stem, pedals, and decals (rim, shock, fork and frame).

I powder-coated my spring to match my accents and if you're unsure just google different colour schemes. Dark gray looks good with orange, gold or turquoise. The oil slick does look good on some bikes but it can be overpowering and take away the true sexiness of the bike when you put multiple components.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles