Help. Lapierre snapped, need new frame, no warranty, will parts fit?

Apr 22, 2020
Lancashire
So pretty long saga. Have a lapierre overvolt 927i , bought it second hand , either lost or didn't receive the receipt (long long story) sellers AWOL now, been in contact with Raleigh , they arent happy to talk as I've no receipt and I'm not the original.purchaser. anyway I've reconciled with that now so moving. Frame snapped at seat stay/ post. Had it welded, last 12 months, snapped again, gonna try and get it rewelded but I know.im.on my last legs with it.

So need a new frame. Dengfu do a carbon frame that supports the e8000 system. I'm still looking into this but my rear suspension is the dpx2 185x55 but the frame states it will accept 185x50 , is this something that will be useable?

I'm specifically looking at the E04 FRAME

Which states 185x50mm

My dpx2 according to specs is 185x55

Thanks in advance.....nightmare

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You can slip a spacer onto the shaft of that dpx to make it 50 mm IF the extra travel causes issues. If you're not comfortable pulling a shock apart, your lbs should be able to do it relatively cheaply ( and service the shock whilst doing it)

Apr 22, 2020
Lancashire
Thanks for the reply. At the moment I'm just going to build a second bike around the dengfu E10. Parts ordered so once that build is complete I'll come back to getting a replacement frame for this bike as I can see I'm going to have to alter lots of wiring looms to make it fit, so I can't be without a bike, and I've had it rewelded so should get a few months out of it until new bike built and ready.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bit of a long shot but Lapierre do frame kits on some of their vegetarian bikes. On the other hand, I own a Lapierre & the few time I've spoken to them directly, they haven't wanted to know but what do you have to lose? Could also trawl Linkedin for someone at Accell, see if you can make progress that way.

Apr 22, 2020
Lancashire
I'm just resigned to the fact that I'm gonna use all the parts on a new frame. I'll take it easy on it for next couple of months until new build is done then I'll just get a carbon frame for this to replace

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles