Hello

bonescro

Feb 20, 2022
Pensacola, Florida
New to the forums here, mainly because I'm new to the eMTB experience. I've been riding my whole life; I'm 58. About a year and a half ago, I bought a sweet Pivot Mach 5.5 XT/XTR Pro. I love that bike, but lately I've been needing a little help thanks to Rheumatoid Arthritis. My riding buddies have to wait for me - they never complain - and there are some really good friends with whom I'd love to ride, but that just ain't gonna happen. There are also trips to the mountains that I made in my younger days that I would like to repeat, but that's currently off the table, too.

So, after tons of research and soul-searching, I have ordered a Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp. I'll be waiting a couple of weeks, but I will be patient. I know I took a big leap, and I'm afraid that I'll be abandoning my beloved Pivot, but I'm going to try to rock both bikes. Honestly, I'm a bit guilt-ridden (you know, the untrue 'it's cheating' adage), and somewhat intimidated, but I know that I'm doing the right thing for my love of riding.

I know this will open up a whole new world for me. I'll be able to ride more often, for longer, and I'll have more fun. Those beautiful days when I'd love to take a post-ride work, but cannot because I'm knackered, will soon be a thing of the past.

So, that's me. I hope you folks will be there for me.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
If you haven't experienced owning an ebike of your very own you are in for a hell of a time.
All of us here, especially those of us with a few older aged medical issues who rode non Ebikes previously, all share the gigantic smile that spreads across your face the moment you take your first ride on it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles