Hello, my name is Rod....and I'm a newbie. I feel like I should have a beer in my hand when saying that.

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
I recently purchased an Orbea Rise M20, which I'm really digging, it's an awesome bike. I have about 200 miles on the bike and I've completely customized the bike. I'll document the customization in another thread.

IMG_0250.JPG

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Have you cable tied your dropper cable and your FRONT brake hose together?
?
Give Billy your beer

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Have you cable tied your dropper cable and your FRONT brake hose together?
?
Give Billy your beer
Gary,

Unfortunately, I drank Billy's beer. Know that it was cold, dark, and went down smoothly post ride. I'm sorry about the late replay. I'm on EMTB forum all the time, but for some reason I did not get a notification you and Billy and made a response to my introduction.

My Orbea Rise M20 didn't come with a computer display. It uses a small black box with colored lights to let me know which mode I'm using and if the battery has dropped below 20%.

Initially I used small cable ties to keep the cables, brake hose and wiring going to the black box sorted.

IMG_0252.JPG

I later switched to a SC-E7000 display on my Rise. This allowed me to greatly cleanup my setup. I like to use electrical shrink tubing to keep my cables and brake hose sorted. I also use small black silicone bands to keep the wiring running from my mode switch to the display, tight against the handlebar. Here's a picture of everything as it looks now on my bike.

The shrink tubing is a bit of a pain in the ass when you first install it. You have to remove your brake hose and dropper housing from their levers and later do a small brake bleed after the hose is re-attached. The end result gives a much cleaner look instead of a lot of loose cables flopping around, just waiting to get snagged on a branch.

Be safe,
Rod

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

1.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles