Hello from Sweden! EN100 Problem

Magnus BOM

Jun 29, 2021
Sweden
Hi there, just got My Orbea rise m20 today. Looking forward to ride it! But i seem to have problem att once. When i start the bike, nothing happens. The EW-EN100 doesn't show any light (yes, battery is charged). So i can't connect it to any app either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Magnus

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Does the bike actually turn on? Blue light on the power button is lighted? If so, the wire going into the EN-100 may not be inserted all the way. Try pushing it in a little better. It has to almost click in place. Can't really do it with my fingers as it is recessed in there. Needle nose pliers may work OK. There is a special tool to remove and insert it properly. Otherwise, back to the shop where you got it and have them fix it.
SHIMANO TL-EW02 Di2 E-Tube Plug Tool

Magnus BOM

Jun 29, 2021
Sweden
Does the bike actually turn on? Blue light on the power button is lighted? If so, the wire going into the EN-100 may not be inserted all the way. Try pushing it in a little better. It has to almost click in place. Can't really do it with my fingers as it is recessed in there. Needle nose pliers may work OK. There is a special tool to remove and insert it properly. Otherwise, back to the shop where you got it and have them fix it.
SHIMANO TL-EW02 Di2 E-Tube Plug Tool
Hi, and thanks for helping me out. Dealer is far away, so I will try with a plier tomorrow and if that doesn't work, go to a local bikemecanic. I saw that tool in a dealers manual.. ?

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
It could be that the cable has not clicked properly also on the motor end when it was installed. Checking this requires dropping the motor. That’s not difficult but requires the chainring tool - see a separate thread about this.

Magnus BOM

Jun 29, 2021
Sweden
Did plugging it in all the way resolve the problem?
Nope, my local bike workshop checked that, so the problem is in the motor. But he didn't have the tools for the E thirteen, so i drove 70 km to the next workshop, who said they could fix it, but they didn't have the right tool either ?
So now i have to wait a week to get a time at a third workshop.
Things are going good and the summer is passing by...

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Nope, my local bike workshop checked that, so the problem is in the motor. But he didn't have the tools for the E thirteen, so i drove 70 km to the next workshop, who said they could fix it, but they didn't have the right tool either ?
you can ride it w/o any assistance and it is really not bad.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA

Sorry to hear that. It really stinks getting a new toy and you can't play with it. Hopefully the third time is the charm and they can get it fixed and get you riding. It really is an amazing bike.

DJL

Jul 2, 2021
England
I had exactly the same problem with my M20 - the blue light came on but EN100 was completely dark and no assistance. Bike shop dropped the motor found nothing wrong. Waited a week for the cable to check the software but in the end it was a cable junction inside the headset somewhere. They said they had to drop the forks to get to it. Been fine since !

Magnus BOM

Jun 29, 2021
Sweden
Problem solved! It was a cable loose at the top of the battery, so motor and battery hade to be removed.
Went for a 35k trip yesterday and it was great fun? thanks for your good ideas!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles