Hello from Southern California

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I‘m new to ebikes, just bought a 2020 Levo Comp...damn that bike is hard to lift into my truck and over fences!

I want to try the Vigilantes High Grip 2.6 rear and 2.8 front and those SICOMTB fenders (damn their pricey).

Anyone running Nukeproof ARD’s?

I have a set of Spank Oozy 395+ 35mm internal 32 spoke wheels, but I’m guessing the rear fender might rub If I swap out the stock wheels.

I‘m used to running 12 speed 10-50 with a 28t up front...is anyone running a 11–46 in back instead of the 11-42?

Maybe I just need to get used to the 32t 11-42, but there are times when I want to pedal slower, god forbid if I have to pedal uphill without the motor (I weigh about 230 lbs with kit).

Thanks.

Jeff

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Welcome to the forum.
I am in Orange County
I can’t say wether or not the fenders will rub, I don’t have any personal experience with them. But a 2.8 tire will just barely clear on the fork.
Cassette choice is a matter of personal preference. I have noticed a couple of things while selling, setting up and repairing Levos the last 4 years.
These bikes can eat chains and cassettes for breakfast. The shifting will never be perfect no matter what set up you use. There will be clanks and pops every so often.
Anything more than a 46T low gear is completely unnecessary. The bike has a motor. If you spin with a nice quick cadence the 11-42 will go up and over everything. The motor will climb More efficiently and you will be 210lbs in 6weeks. Slow heavy pedaling over long climbs will kill range

I have tried every possible combination and configuration while being 240lbs and I ended up with a 9speed with 11-42 and 36t on the front. The chains are dirt cheap to replace as well as the cassettes.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Welcome to the forum.
I am in Orange County
I can’t say wether or not the fenders will rub, I don’t have any personal experience with them. But a 2.8 tire will just barely clear on the fork.
Cassette choice is a matter of personal preference. I have noticed a couple of things while selling, setting up and repairing Levos the last 4 years.
These bikes can eat chains and cassettes for breakfast. The shifting will never be perfect no matter what set up you use. There will be clanks and pops every so often.
Anything more than a 46T low gear is completely unnecessary. The bike has a motor. If you spin with a nice quick cadence the 11-42 will go up and over everything. The motor will climb More efficiently and you will be 210lbs in 6weeks. Slow heavy pedaling over long climbs will kill range

I have tried every possible combination and configuration while being 240lbs and I ended up with a 9speed with 11-42 and 36t on the front. The chains are dirt cheap to replace as well as the cassettes.

Al,

I really appreciate the info.

What tires are you currently running? What pressures do you run?

Have you tried any of the rim protection products like Cush core or the Vittoria liner? Gonna try the Vittoria.

I really wanted a 29+ ebike with 150 mm travel...decided on the 2020 Levo Comp instead...wish there was a bit more tire clearance in the rear...otherwise love this bike so far.

Is it my imagination, or do the newer Levo carbon models have a bit more tire clearance in the rear than the aluminum models?

Thanks again for the info...noticed the pops and clanks but figured it was more poor/late shifting on my part.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I run 2.6 Maxxis DHFs on Roval Carbon Wheels with Cushcore inserts. I never noticed a difference with clearance between the carbon and aluminum frames. I’ll check my S-Works and my Comp when I get home.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles