Hello from New Zealand

Cruz E Bikes

Jul 8, 2022
New Zealand
Hi all,

New to this forum, I hire, sell and service the NCM range of E bikes over here in Tauranga, after watching Robs Dengfu E10 videos, I am very keen to do a couple of builds for myself with a 17" & 19" frame option c/w the M510 motor kit and 840wh battery, just interested to find out if anybody else in NZ has completed any self builds or is contemplating doing one and may wish to exchange build ideas and even divvy up any shipping cost etc to make it more economical to do.
Cheers Darren

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Had to look up Tauranga on the map but it looks like a pretty nice place. As usual I am sure eBikes are well suited to the area and hope your business is thriving. Pic of the Day is always a good way to introduce yourself to the community.

Current carbon fiber builders that you can access are either DengFu or LightCarbon and I guess others on Alibaba but they probably just get them from the former. On the battery front I had an 840wh battery and wasn't at all happy with it and had a battery made into the stock case that ended up at 720wh's using 2170 cells and a higher Amp BMS that outperforms the stock battery. Especially at lower voltage levels which is where the stock battery really falls down I found.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Was looking at a build but constantly was getting huge pricing issues with the battery. Don't want to build my own as the eyesight is crap these days and the hands not really steady enough for fine soldering etc. @Mabman nailed it with the battery suggestion - have come across something similar when reading a few different build forums.
My thought was for the E05 though as I prefer using bottles so the E10 is not really practical. Might revisit this when I retire next year as a keep busy project.

RolyNZ

Jun 13, 2022
New Zealand
Kia Ora From Taranaki. This thread is a little old, how are you going with the build? But yeah my mate has built his own E-bike(s) using a Chinese carbon frame + also converting an aluminium one. Not a Dengfu but he has used M500 + M510 motors. He is about to convert a GT Fury to E power using the smaller 810?? I think? He builds his own batteries, and is an engineer with a contact in the carbon industry so mods are his thing. I will see if he is on this forum (Pretty sure he will be) and tag him in on it if you are

Cruz E Bikes

Jul 8, 2022
New Zealand
Hi, Yeah I ended up buying 1 x E10 and 1 x E22 frame, 1 x M510, 1 x M600 and 1 x M620 motors. After waiting a very long time for the forks, shocks and brakes from one supplier, I finally finished the E10 at the end of November and loving the ride, got a few niggles with both the M510 & M600 motors, 25kmh speed limit being the main one, and motor power reducing quite considerably as soon as the battery capacity hits 50%. Bought the BESST tool and got a login from Bafang, but still can't change the speed limit, so a bit hard to keep up with my Monday night racing buddies when they're doing 32k+
I Have got some Suntour Durolux 38's and a Voro Coil shock on order to try them out.
I have attached my build list and few photos let me know what you think.

20221122_200021.jpg 20221123_115625.jpg 20221123_115634.jpg 20221123_172622.jpg Cruz E10+ Build.png

RolyNZ

Jun 13, 2022
New Zealand
I think that looks very slick. Love the colour. What HA did you end up with?
Bit of a curse with the limited speed, I wonder why you cant change it?

Cruz E Bikes

Jul 8, 2022
New Zealand
I think that looks very slick. Love the colour. What HA did you end up with?
Bit of a curse with the limited speed, I wonder why you cant change it?
Thanks, its Black copper pearl, cost a bit more than I expected and took me a bit longer to get it right, but very happy with it
HA ended up at 61.5-62 with the level app I used anyway
Yeah not sure why the login that Bafang gave me only has the speed limit parameter setting up to 27km/h, but when I connect the bike up it only lets me select 25km/h, sent them an email about a month ago, but still waiting for a reply

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles