Hello from NE England

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Welcome aboard, Beth. Some good trails around that neck of the woods. There are forum rideouts up there and sometimes Mrs @Tubby G and Mrs @philmedomsley come too.

Depends on your age though as we can't be classed as spring chickens so you might not want to hang around with the old(er) folk! ;)

Beth

Jun 12, 2023
Darlington, NE England
Welcome aboard, Beth. Some good trails around that neck of the woods. There are forum rideouts up there and sometimes Mrs @Tubby G and Mrs @philmedomsley come too.

Depends on your age though as we can't be classed as spring chickens so you might not want to hang around with the old(er) folk! ;)
Thanks for your message. I’m very sure I’d fit right in with the ‘older’ folk 🤣.
I’ll keep an eye out for rides. That would be fab.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Er, I’m a spring chicken and don’t mind hangin’ with the older folks 😆👊🏽

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hello Beth ..welcome
Just wondering as you have said you are new to emtb if you are coming from an mtb background and what sort of trails you ride ?
As Tony has mentioned there are regular group rides organised with riders coming from as far afield as N.Yorks , Glasgow, Hartlepool and there are four of us based in Northumberland ..most of the rides ( not all ) as mentioned are posted in the rideout section of the forum and tend to be on a Saturday..although some mid-week rides also take place..they can be anywhere in the North and we try to spread them around ..so The Cheviot Hills / North Pennines / Scottish Borders / Lakes / N.Yorks & Dale's..etc ..
Most can be quite challenging in terms of range & terrain ..
Is this what you are looking for ?

Beth

Jun 12, 2023
Darlington, NE England
Hello Beth ..welcome
Just wondering as you have said you are new to emtb if you are coming from an mtb background and what sort of trails you ride ?
As Tony has mentioned there are regular group rides organised with riders coming from as far afield as N.Yorks , Glasgow, Hartlepool and there are four of us based in Northumberland ..most of the rides ( not all ) as mentioned are posted in the rideout section of the forum and tend to be on a Saturday..although some mid-week rides also take place..they can be anywhere in the North and we try to spread them around ..so The Cheviot Hills / North Pennines / Scottish Borders / Lakes / N.Yorks & Dale's..etc ..
Most can be quite challenging in terms of range & terrain ..
Is this what you are looking for ?
Thank you for your welcome.
I have no experience whatsoever with biking so I’m a complete newbie.
I’ve been trying to find groups that ride off road (no one I know is up for that). I’m not on any social media and finding it difficult to search out local or nearby groups. Any advice would be great. I work most weekends, week days would be great for me. Thanks for your message.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Beth ..I don't want to be too judgemental here and for all I know you might be very fit and take to this like a duck to water ..but most of us have come from a normal mtb background with over 20 years riding experience over challenging terrain ( rocks , roots & very mountainous / big hills etc.) its not unheard of for us to do 30 mile rides with up to 4,000ft of climbing ...
I'm only stating this as I / we wouldn't want you to come along and then very quickly realise that you had bitten off more than you could handle but reading your reply my gut feeling is that you aren't really at that stage yet ..?
Apologies if I'm wrong ..and if I am ..please keep an eye on the rideout section for anything you would like to join us on..
Neil.

Beth

Jun 12, 2023
Darlington, NE England
Beth ..I don't want to be too judgemental here and for all I know you might be very fit and take to this like a duck to water ..but most of us have come from a normal mtb background with over 20 years riding experience over challenging terrain ( rocks , roots & very mountainous / big hills etc.) its not unheard of for us to do 30 mile rides with up to 4,000ft of climbing ...
I'm only stating this as I / we wouldn't want you to come along and then very quickly realise that you had bitten off more than you could handle but reading your reply my gut feeling is that you aren't really at that stage yet ..?
Apologies if I'm wrong ..and if I am ..please keep an eye on the rideout section for anything you would like to join us on..
Neil.
Thanks Neil. I very much appreciate your honesty and I didn’t read any judgment in your reply. I’m definitely not there yet, nowhere near. Just wanting a starting block and advice…gotta start somewhere. Again, thank you Neil.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’d recommend getting yourself down to Dales Bike Centre near Reeth. They can advise on some fairly simple but very scenic routes across Swaledale and may know of some groups to ride with 👍🏽

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles