Hello from Madison, WI

TimCC

Aug 13, 2018
Madison, WI
Hello!

I tried my first ebike less than a month ago. I was so excited about it that I after two weeks of deliberation I placed my order. I picked up my Powerfly FS7 on Saturday.

Last year, I had purchased my first mountain bike after many years away from the sport. I was getting into very good condition before I broke my ankle in a motorcycle mishap. Since then, I let my fitness decline and there was no way that I was going to be able to keep up with the guys I had been riding with. It was very discouraging.

My new bike is making many things possible. Today is my second day making the 14mile ride to work and I'm loving it. Even though my legs feel like jelly, I was able to run a little more assist and make it to work in a little over an hour. The computer is still learning how I ride and I'm getting more trust in it's range display. I'm hoping to be able to make the ride to work and still have enough juice to hit a few trails on my way home. I may pick up a second charger to have here at work.

I'm logging all of my rides, what assist level and distance. I'm also keeping a record of body measurements, weight and weekly photos to track my progress. Starting point: 43 years old, 6'2", 250lbs. My goal is to be down to 220 lbs.

My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike in many years because of health issues related to Multiple Sclerosis. We will be ordering an electra for her soon and we will be able to take rides together! We may not go far, but even a five mile ride is a victory. :D

aw113sgte

Jul 15, 2018
La Crosse, WI
Hello from La Crosse WI!
I got a Kenevo a couple months ago and am loving it as well. We have some great trails on the edge of town. I'd encourage you to visit. Only a two hour drive!

TimCC

Aug 13, 2018
Madison, WI
Thank you everyone. :) I'm at over 140 miles now and I'm still loving the bike.

This morning I worked with my insurance agent to have the bike added to my home owners policy. It's now covered against theft and vandalism anywhere I lock it up. :D

TimCC

Aug 13, 2018
Madison, WI
Hello from La Crosse WI!
I got a Kenevo a couple months ago and am loving it as well. We have some great trails on the edge of town. I'd encourage you to visit. Only a two hour drive!

My younger brother went to school in Winona and I remember him telling me of those trails. I definitely need to find my way out there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles