Hello from Glasgow with my first ever Ebike

Help Me Cycle

Mar 15, 2024
Glasgow
Hello, iam from glasgow and have today bought a second hand nukeproof megawatt. The bike feels more like a dirt bike with its stance, its just missing a 90cc engine lol.

I will post a few pictures over the weekend and hopefully come across the previous owner at somepoint and try get some history of it.

Help Me Cycle

Mar 15, 2024
Glasgow
20240317_102308.jpg

Help Me Cycle

Mar 15, 2024
Glasgow
Yip it sure is, unfortunately not but guess I have learned the hard way. Used it over the weekend a little and it's not for me

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Yip it sure is, unfortunately not but guess I have learned the hard way. Used it over the weekend a little and it's not for me
Other than being the coolest looking roadie riding that bike to work, what made you decide to switch from a hardtail to a full suspension mountain bike to ride to work? Asking for a friend who is considering doing the same thing (riding to work on a mountain bike).

Help Me Cycle

Mar 15, 2024
Glasgow
Other than being the coolest looking roadie riding that bike to work, what made you decide to switch from a hardtail to a full suspension mountain bike to ride to work? Asking for a friend who is considering doing the same thing (riding to work on a mountain bike).
I got told a few year ago i to stop cycling which I reluctantly done but had been cycling lightly without any issues so thought I would buy the EMTB bike I liked and wanted to go back to cycling to work but it's not the same when you have been used to putting in an effort to get up a hill to now the bike doing it for you. Don't get me wrong it's amazing at getting you where you want to go with little effort but I have been cycling from 8years old and you know what you like and soon relise what is good but just not what your into and thus is the reason why I have decided to sell the bike. Am not trying to make anything all I want to do it let it go to somone who can and will get the use of it.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I got told a few year ago i to stop cycling which I reluctantly done but had been cycling lightly without any issues so thought I would buy the EMTB bike I liked and wanted to go back to cycling to work but it's not the same when you have been used to putting in an effort to get up a hill to now the bike doing it for you. Don't get me wrong it's amazing at getting you where you want to go with little effort but I have been cycling from 8years old and you know what you like and soon relise what is good but just not what your into and thus is the reason why I have decided to sell the bike. Am not trying to make anything all I want to do it let it go to somone who can and will get the use of it.
Completely understandable. If you are that fit, even riding around in the lowest setting (NOT turbo!) on flat roads might be overkill. I was more interested in why you chose a mountain bike and not an electric assisted road bike like the Specialized Creo if you were going to ride it only on the road. Personally, I have such bad wrists and a wrecked neck so I could never ride in that position and with a rigid fork but I could probably ride a bike with a short travel fork so at least there would be some give. I live in a flat area so its not like I would need to ride an electric bike in TURBO but my friend rides in from around 25 km and enjoys the time on the bike and it save a signifcant amount of money over commuting with a car.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles