Hello all. I've been waiting over three months to get a large trek rail 7. I've looked into specialized and giant, yamaha, no one has a large with the

jcarlson9

Feb 14, 2021
la
Hello all. I've been waiting over three months to get a large trek rail 7. I've looked into specialized and giant, yamaha, no one has a large with the components i want. What is going on !

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hello all. I've been waiting over three months to get a large trek rail 7. I've looked into specialized and giant, yamaha, no one has a large with the components i want. What is going on !
Trek Rail 7 will be worth the wait. And upgrading can be fun too. ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Only three months! There is a guy on here waiting until August for his bike.
It is a consequence of the popularity of emtb, which if course is no satisfaction to all those who spent time trying to convince others that "e" was great!

It will soon pass. :ROFLMAO:

I have been waiting since last August for a shock. The first shipment to the UK didn't have the size I needed and I then had to wait for the next shipment in mid Feb. Time has dragged, only offset by the Lockdown and the shite weather we've been having (sort of), but I'm almost there. :unsure:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Production down and big production delays due to covid, shipping chaos due to covid, and huge demand due to lockdowns. Any decent bike hard to get hold of right now.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
As mentioned on another post ..my mate and bike shop owner has been told by a Trek rep. that 2021 bikes are almost exhausted and 2022 stock which would normally start appearing towards the end of this year won't actually be arriving in bike shops until July 2022..☹

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
As mentioned on another post ..my mate and bike shop owner has been told by a Trek rep. that 2021 bikes are almost exhausted and 2022 stock which would normally start appearing towards the end of this year won't actually be arriving in bike shops until July 2022..☹
That’s just crazy!
But on the bright side…???…

JFDI

Feb 13, 2021
Helmsley, North Yorkshire
Hi, As mentioned above my advised delivery is August.
I've been told to check on delivery around Easter time in case that's changed (hopefully for the better!?).
Supply and demand issues. The manufacturers will be having wet dreams looking at their order books and nightmares over being able to keep up with the workload!
Dave

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
It’s happening everywhere and affects all bikes. I found a bike builder to build my wife’s bike and is currently finding parts to build mine. Sometimes the builder buys the part and sometimes I do based on who can find the part. Also, we’ve found the premium parts are easier to find. Such as Xx1 drivetrain with gold cassette , cranks and chain. I’m waiting on the frame (End of February.. maybe).

On the bright side... now is the time to sell your seldom ridden bikes. They’re selling like hot cakes on the used bike market for a premium.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
If I was waiting six months plus for a bike, I’ll have wanted several decent test rides on the shop demo first. Imagine the disappointment if it turns up and isn’t what you expected it to be. ?

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
I was going for a Trek , but , trialled a Rail and a 2021 Giant Trance X E+ Pro 29 2 and went with that , I liked the spec and the tuned yamaha motor and the pared back controller. Good spec and I got it for £4699 two weeks ago from We-Cycle in Llandudno , good guys , they do delivery also , I was local, and the guy delivered, set up tubeless already and set the suspension at my place. They have a large in stock , you also get 5% of the value of the bike to spend on anything in the shop or online ,
I see they have gone up to £5199 now , so you would get £259.95

jcarlson9

Feb 14, 2021
la
I guess ill just keep riding my 2017 Beta rs 430
20210131_103104.jpg

I was going for a Trek , but , trialled a Rail and a 2021 Giant Trance X E+ Pro 29 2 and went with that , I liked the spec and the tuned yamaha motor and the pared back controller. Good spec and I got it for £4699 two weeks ago from We-Cycle in Llandudno , good guys , they do delivery also , I was local, and the guy delivered, set up tubeless already and set the suspension at my place. They have a large in stock , you also get 5% of the value of the bike to spend on anything in the shop or online ,
I see they have gone up to £5199 now , so you would get £259.95
I live in Los Angeles. I looked at that bike too, but theres non here in So. Cal.

Kyle_AZ_eMTB

Feb 5, 2021
Arizona
After having my Cube delivery pushed from Feb to Nov of this year I checked on Rail availability with my local shop (Arizona). They said Nov too. Now have my fingers crossed on delivery of an Orbea Wild in April.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
It’s no consolation to the OP, but I’ve been keeping an eye out online for ebikes for a couple of mates, and there’s more stock available over here than I thought. Cube, Merida, Haibike, Scott, Specialized and Whyte all seem to have a lot of models available online.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
It’s near impossible to get hold of Trek ebikes until September. The only one with short delivery up here is the 9.7 with the expensive paint. (Cost the same as a 9.8)
That’s 95 days. The rest is 220 or more. It’s crazy. Oh, and the prices just went up 10% as well

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
It’s near impossible to get hold of Trek ebikes until September. The only one with short delivery up here is the 9.7 with the expensive paint. (Cost the same as a 9.8)
That’s 95 days. The rest is 220 or more. It’s crazy. Oh, and the prices just went up 10% as well

Bugger that. What’s so special about Trek bikes to warrant wasting half a year waiting for one?

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
Bugger that. What’s so special about Trek bikes to warrant wasting half a year waiting for one?
It’s the brand I get the best deals on, and I don’t sell the old one before the new arrives. So no waiting for me. It seems to be hard to get hold of ebikes across the board up here

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles